Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector advice

BigGez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8L Ecotec
Hey I just wanted to get some advice on my fuel injectors (VY 03 V6 ecotec) I think one of my injectors are a bit blocked up because when i put my foot down on the highway im getting a bucking/surging/hesitation feel sometimes, my coil packs are only a few months old, intake manifold gasket is fine, new fuel pump & filter, spark plugs are clean and i think the coil leads are okay. I want to give my injectors a clean and test but i dont know if its worth doing since a set of 6 is only like $130 on ebay, i dont want to buy $1000 bosch ones though, is it worth cleaning & servicing my injectors or should i try buy a new set? Car has done 260000 ks. Thank you all.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’m redoing mine with a seal kit and bought an ultra sonic cleaner for my wife’s jewellery (and injectors) as well as an injector tester that pulses the injectors. $60 for ultrasonic cleaner and injector tester.

Sit them in the ultrasonic cleaner, hooked up to the injector tester so it pulses the injectors for a few minutes.

New filters and seals. Keep genuine ones running as long as possible.

Reactions: Lex