Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Latch Replacement Advice

robmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Hi guys,

Been a while since I've been on here. I picked up a VY SS on Monday and just fixing a few on the little niggly bits with it.

One of them is the fuel flap isnt latching.

Im pretty sure its the little latch not having enough spring to grab hold of the door when I close it.

Has anyone replaced one of these and could give me a little run down on how to do it?

I did notice a worn part on the thread where the little bit of metal on the flap itself must press against the latch, so I'm not sure if its all lining up properly... I hope that makes sense.

I also got behind the boot lining and took the latch out and its all taped up for some reason so I'm assuming someone tried a quick fix.

Any help would be great!

Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
the problem is that the rubber seal around the fuel flap gets dirty and over time water gets into the black latch causing the spring to rust and break so i fixed mine by replacing the spring in the latch with a spring from a pen that i stretched out lol

robmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Awesome, I'll give that a go tomorrow!

robmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
the problem is that the rubber seal around the fuel flap gets dirty and over time water gets into the black latch causing the spring to rust and break so i fixed mine by replacing the spring in the latch with a spring from a pen that i stretched out lol

Hey justice4All3000 any chance you could let me know how you replaced the spring? I cant seem to get the latch apart..

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
on the side of the mechanism there should be some plastic tabs that you push in while pulling cable out exposing the spring i think from memory