Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Pressure Regulator For 3.8 VS Commodore

dinny6655

Denis
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
Hoping some one can help me out, this is my first PROPER ATTEMPT to Post, so please bare with me:confused:
I'm chasing a Fuel pressure regulator for my VS, I have the V6, but all I can find is, pre VS or Post VS ones, or the V8 buggers
Does the VR or VT one fit, or can someone put me onto a place that can supply them. ( No luck with my local Holden dealer, apparently it's an obsolete part ):bang:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I picked up a V6 one from holden for a customer the other week.

There can be slight variations between each models regulators (the VT onwards used a different fuel rail/injectors)

Most holden dealers should have them or be able to order one in from another dealership with stock.

Also repco carries them on the shelf.

dinny6655

Denis
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
Thanks for the response, looks like you got the last one.
I've been in touch with my local dealer, he tells me, they can no longer get the Stock, so I can only go on his word.
The local Repco Dealer - I've used a few times, but with real bad results, so I'll give him a miss.
I've been all through EBAY, but as I said, the only VS one is for the V8's; VR's I could get - VT's also.
I'll try a REPCO store in Melbourne next time I'm down there & see how it goes.
Thanks again.

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II/BMW '02 E39 530i
I'm searching for the exact same thing, and I have no idea how you found that lol. Thanks bud!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Going from memory here, vr-vs used the same injectors and run at 3.5 bar, the vt injectors run at 3bar but have a better spray pattern so U could use the vr fuel reg next time on the vs.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'm fairly sure that's the other way around. VN-VS use 3 bar with EV1 type fuel injectors and VT V6 onwards uses 3.5 bar with EV6 type fuel injectors.

VS also uses a different Fuel rail with fuel reg/hard fuel line set up to VR so might not be compatible.

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Still searching as I was hesitant with the one linked above if its a Bosch part or not, and Ripco sell them for close to $200.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Are you sure the old one is faulty ?

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
I reckon so. I've got a super clean plenum. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358645960.387123.jpg

Which I think is being cleaned by the fuel sucked in from the vacuum line from the fuel pressure regulator, and the vacuum line has been slightly wet and smelling of fuel the last few times I've checked it.

Mind you, that plenum has been like that since I bought the car, I haven't cleaned it once. Along with fuel smell from exhaust. I believe the fuel pressure regulator is stuffed.

What's your take on it greenacc?