Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Pressure Regulator For 3.8 VS Commodore

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The big question i've got is why would Holden discontinue a part if people still wanted or needed it ?
Anyway, funny how your plenum is so clean at the regulator end and just has that one dirty patch at the front. Maybe the last owner decided to go nuts cleaning it then gave up just before he finished. Even if your reg was leaking fuel into the plenum the fuel would mix with the air and be burnt up in the cylinders just the same as the injected fuel, so you wouldn't notice any smell just cos your reg was stuffed.
I remember wondering the same thing about the reg in my VS but didn't feel like shelling out $150 just to satisfy my curiosity so just ignored it. What if you turn the ignition to 'ON' without starting it while the plenum cover is off to get the pump running to pressurise the fuel system and check for leaks ?

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II/BMW '02 E39 530i
Lol maybe, but it's been that clean for three months.

Also, I'd love to check the plenum while the fuel system is pressurized, but unfortunately the car was in an accident and is not looking good. Not sure if its going to get written off or fixed.

Thanks for the help anyway greenacc.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
oh dear, that was short lived! Hope everyone is OK.......
The mystery of the superclean plenum may never be resolved.

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II/BMW '02 E39 530i
Yea everyone's fine. And yes, short lived indeed. Still haven't received a call from the shop or the insurance company to give me the verdict. I reckon it'll get written off though.

Who knows, maybe it's all for the better! I know one positive will be that I won't have to fix that bloody stupid heater core!