Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel rails

Ln65ecotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ln65 hilux
Hey guys. Long story short i’m not a commodore man but looking for some insight into v6 fuel rails as im putting a vs ecotec into my old Hilux with a full upgraded fuel system.

I’m using full an6 braided line with surge tank twin pumps and a vs factory tank. (Mainly cause I had this stuff laying around) but the engine itself is relatively stock. Obviously I can’t connect an6 lines to the factory fuel rail fittings wise, as well aa the fact that I have a seperate fuel reg. I’m struggling to find a fuel rail for the ecotec that can accomodate this without breaking the bank. However I can find multiple aftermarket l67 fuel rails. The question I have is can I put one of these rails on an ecotec? From what I know l67s have different injectors and im open to replacing injectors also. The second question for that is will l67 injectors go into an ecotec. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You will want to run standard injectors otherwise you will get overfueling.

Ln65ecotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ln65 hilux
You will want to run standard injectors otherwise you will get overfueling.
Can’t I get it tuned? To account for that? Or will I be able to use ecotec injectors on the l67 rail

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You can have it changed in the tune. Seems a strange way to go about it. Easier with full Eco tank module, single pump and just use Eco rail and reg. L67 injectors go into the heads, so not sure if L67 rail will marry up to a manifold.
What PCM do you have?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
From what I know l67s have different injectors and im open to replacing injectors also. The second question for that is will l67 injectors go into an ecotec. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The Ecotec and L67 injectors are exactly the same in terms of physical dimensions and you can swap them. Apart from the fuel system just being super overkill, you are not going to gain anything from using L67 injectors on an N/A Ecotec, even tuned.

No, you can't use the L67 fuel rails on the Ecotec as the L67 injectors are in the heads instead of the manifold (not to mention there's a manifold in the way). Why can't you just get an AN6 to barb fitting and use some hose in between?

Ln65ecotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ln65 hilux
The Ecotec and L67 injectors are exactly the same in terms of physical dimensions and you can swap them. Apart from the fuel system just being super overkill, you are not going to gain anything from using L67 injectors on an N/A Ecotec, even tuned.

No, you can't use the L67 fuel rails on the Ecotec as the L67 injectors are in the heads instead of the manifold (not to mention there's a manifold in the way). Why can't you just get an AN6 to barb fitting and use some hose in between?
Yea I understand it’s overkill. It was an afterthought of fittings and what not that’s fucked me. But the parts are all in now and it’s too late to pull it out. Im not chasing bulk power to be honest. I can’t just run a barb fitting due to the rail having a reg on it that will interfere with my aftermarket rail.

H

harrop.senator

Modify the factory billet rails for an lines.

Also , that's a lot of fuel lol. I've got 80lb injectors and a single pump and probably won't use it all on e85 with as fast as the stock blower can spin with a cooler and cam.

Being Ecotec you won't have to do anything about mounts just tapping the rails for an fittings.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I can’t just run a barb fitting due to the rail having a reg on it that will interfere with my aftermarket rail.
Any reason you're not using the stock reg? Which rails are you trying to use? This would be a lot easier to understand if you list the exact parts (brand, model etc...) you want to use.

If you're not chasing bulk power, why not just go for a more stock setup and save yourself the headache?

Last edited:
H

harrop.senator

Any reason you're not using the stock reg? Which rails are you trying to use? This would be a lot easier to understand if you list the exact parts you want to use.

If you're not chasing bulk power, why not just go for a more stock setup and save yourself the headache?

Stock regulator won't hold up to it I'd say. I blew a pump in mine so fitted a big single pump for the new motor.

Fixed it for around 500kms. Last time I drove it was barely running and used a quarter of a tank to go 50 KMs hahaha.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Stock regulator won't hold up to it I'd say.
Point still stands though, I can understand that the fuel system is built out of stuff he already had, but to fit that type of system to a stocker and then have to do all this extra stuff to get it to work when the necessary parts can be had so cheap doesn't make sense to me - not built for power but I need to use this billet fuel rail and adjustable reg and 3 fuel pumps etc... I'd ditch the surge tank unless you're actually getting fuel starvation on the track.

This car just for the street or something else OP?

Last edited: