Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Full stereo install guide, VZ SV6

shrapnel287

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S
Thank you for the guide. Very helpful! Installed new speakers today.

MODEST

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS M6
I have a few things in the wiring I'm hoping you can help me with. The wire loom I bought for my JVC had some back to front wires. I've mooved the yellow wire (constant 12v) over to the pin labelled as 'Batt Cont', but I think it should be on the one labelled as 'Batt+'. Is there a difference between 'Batt Cont' and 'Batt+' and could swapping them do damage? Also, the orange wire is not connected, what excactly does it 'illuminate'? Finally, the red wire is currently connected to 'Batt+', the instructions label this wire as an accessory terminal. I have to turn my stereo on and off manually, if I move the red wire to the factory pin 'Acc+', will this make the stereo turn on and off with the car?
F.Y.I. UART is some micro chip communicator thing, just google it.

The B Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ Ute
I know this post is old but this may help new readers. With my alpine deck which came with the loom that fitted to the vz. Just swap the red wire with the yellow wire. ie. connect the red wire to the yellow wire and your set. Also with your tweeters, just remove the stock ones then take the small metal bracket off the stock tweeter. This can then be screwed into your new tweeter and installed in the original position. As with your crossovers, i suggest leaving them inside the cab behind the air vent cover. There is no need to restrain them as they will sit on top of the original wiring harness. Trust me they wont go anywhere. I am pulling my system apart gain this weekend as I am adding a amp and sub. I will take pics. My pain will equal your gain.

smitroast

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 commodore
ive just tried but the airiel and the screen wont come on os there any fuses I coild look for??

smitroast

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 commodore
I have a double din by the way I did have a single din but because of the aftermarket lume the double din wouldnt go all the way back so I cut it out and now it doesnr work??

shaneo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy berlina
sorry didnt have time to read all if it. but just womdering how u bolted the sub to the boot any feedback would be muchly appreciated.

mrbissi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack, VZ Coomodore Wagon, WK Statesman
There should be two wires, one green and one grey. 12v on both will extend the antenna, 12v on just green will retract it, if green has no voltage the antenna will stay where it is.

I believe the logic controlling the antenna to remember a set height is inside the radio unit itself.
Hey mate,

My radio was off and i was closing the window and noticed the antenna making noise.

Also checked the antenna power source and one wire has the battery voltage and the other only when the radio is on. but the voltage wasn't the same it was 1v less that the other wire.

Any ideas why the window switch will make the antenna trigger when radio is off

cheers