Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fully custom air intake system

V

V6BEAST

this bonnet scoop conversation is making me nervious, but I havent been spoken to about that ....yet

Pic(065).JPGPic(139).JPG
Pic(143).JPGPic(140).JPG
Pic(144).JPGX7000011.jpg

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Whats with the spoiler. I would get that removed.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
I just love the stock body look, lowered with nice wheels. I seen a sweet VU commodore the other day. Stock body and everythin, droped on 20s with a good sounding exhaust. But that just what i like. I dont mind basic looking bodykits on VNs, but nuthing to over the top.

V

V6BEAST

I was wondering 4awhile 'will i put this this on????' but $15 from the recycle shop and a sh*t load of sanding ... I firbe glassed it on over 3 nights, and now I realy like the look of it and am in the process of making my own rear bumper,
the rear spoiler has 'HDT' Pic(165).JPGmoulded into it, if that means anything to anybody? I wouldnt mind knowin which model the wing is off... either way for $15 a 6pk a night and a few sore fingers, it was stil worth it I think

I havent had a car with stuff 'crap' glued all over it b4 so im having fun with this one Ive had 4wds mostly (nissan shorty with s1 v6)and even the std stuff gets ripped off,(if it isnt used only as a shopping trolly) so even if i wanted all that in it i havent been able to b4...so i guess where this thing is gonna go even i have no idea...:thumbsup:

silver_bullet

Now Genesis Blue Bullet
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore S
1991_Vn2nV said:
Legal implication: Any forward facing bonnet scoop is illegal. If it has an opening it must face backwards, as in towards the windscreen...
:bop:
umm dude explain why they let subaru build the wrx then. my old hasnt been done in his rex for having a " foward facing bonnet scoop" think about it

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
silver_bullet said:
umm dude explain why they let subaru build the wrx then. my old hasnt been done in his rex for having a " foward facing bonnet scoop" think about it

umm yeah cause Transport SA can totally stop an overseas car manufacturer from making a car because it doesnt mach their rules... yeah that makes sense man :thumbsup:

Didnt you read my other post? It was a direct quote:
"The fitting of a rearward opening bonnet scoop is permitted without specific approval or inspection providing that the following criteria can be met.
a. Bonnet scoops manufactured from a plastic or fibreglass material may be fitted, providing that the hole in the original bonnet does not substantially reduce the strength or impact resistance of the bonnet and no rigid component, such as an air cleaner or carburettor protrudes beyond the original bonnet profile.
b. Holes may be cut in the bonnet and the protrusion of an air cleaner or carburettor above the bonnet line but below the bonnet scoop providing that the bonnet scoop or raised bonnet section is manufactured from equivalent gauge mild steel compared with the original bonnet.
c. If any bonnet reinforcing braces are cut or modified the design of the modified bonnet must be of equal strength to the original bonnet and any sharp edges created must be suitably treated.
d. All edges and corners shall have a radius of not less than 5 millimetres and of general design and construction so as to reduce to a minimum the risk of bodily injury to any person.
e. In addition, any bonnet scoop is unacceptable if it restricts the field of view of the driver under normal operating conditions. The field of view requirements are determined as follows:
• With the drivers seat in the rearmost position, it shall be possible to see, unobstructed for the full width of the vehicle, a line drawn on the roadway 11 metres ahead of the "driver's eye position" when looking over the bonnet scoop. For the purpose of this requirement the "driver's eye position" shall lie at the bottom of the of the 95th percentile eye ellipse (reference ADR 15/01 clause 15.1.5.1).
• Alternatively the "driver's eye position" can be taken as a point 750 millimetres above and 270 millimetres forward of the junction of the seat cushion and seat squab with the seat in the lowest and rearmost position.
The fitting of forward opening bonnet scoops, which have the potential to increase injuries to pedestrians in collisions, for example forward opening "letter box" style, are not acceptable."

Think about it.... :p

Last edited: