Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuse issue

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
The fuses for its good had test light on it with car running and no power at all to the terminals
You need the wiring diagrams.
Something is miswired?
Here is the workshop manual for vt - vz. It has the wiring diagrams you need.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
This is a mess.
Disconnect all the stereo wiring. Disconnect the amp wiring. All of it. Totally.

Then see if the fault persists.

I’d be getting a professional to install the stereo because it’s gone pair shaped so far and you risk burning you car down, ruining the stereo (if not already) and buggering the sub.

This needs better skills with wiring. This requires better equipment to solve.

sprinter1221

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 vx commodre spac
i would chuck a multimeter on the brown wire at ignition switch
should have 12v on accessory and ignition, but not on crank or lock
Have checked this.
Power to brown wire with ign on.
Power to red
Pink
No power to purple.

sprinter1221

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 vx commodre spac
This is a mess.
Disconnect all the stereo wiring. Disconnect the amp wiring. All of it. Totally.

Then see if the fault persists.

I’d be getting a professional to install the stereo because it’s gone pair shaped so far and you risk burning you car down, ruining the stereo (if not already) and buggering the sub.

This needs better skills with wiring. This requires better equipment to solve.
I understand what you mean.
Amp is removed and wiring everything is back to factory besides not having the white plug

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I understand what you mean.
Amp is removed and wiring everything is back to factory besides not having the white plug
Is each wire insulated? Folded and taped with tesa tape or electrical tape. Or is it exposed copper?

sprinter1221

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 vx commodre spac
Is each wire insulated? Folded and taped with tesa tape or electrical tape. Or is it exposed copper?
I have gone through and taped everything I could find that's exposed or reconnected to what I see on the diagrams..
Update though
I found a ebay dome light in the roof interior light was an led one a pretty decent square took it out and my footwell and ignition light turned on its also got bright led tailights that im gonna change over now as I think it's got to many overpowered crap on it.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I have gone through and taped everything I could find that's exposed or reconnected to what I see on the diagrams..
Update though
I found a ebay dome light in the roof interior light was an led one a pretty decent square took it out and my footwell and ignition light turned on its also got bright led tailights that im gonna change over now as I think it's got to many overpowered crap on it.
Is anything working now?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update though
This information would have been handy earlier.

sprinter1221

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 vx commodre spac
This information would have been handy earlier.
Yes I know was just out of thinking to look where there would be more power usage so I Checked globes to find that dome and these globes in the tailights ran the car and radio works with car running and stayed on as I took it for a test drive.
So I think I've resolved the issue now and sorry about this guys but thanks for all your help.