Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fusebox melted Engine FanCTRL 3

hassansf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice LS V8
Hi,

I have a commodore VE 2010 aka (Chevrolet Caprice 2010). The other day I found that one of the relay was burnt with a leg attached from the panel. I believe there are other wires affected due to melt and I need to remove the fuse box entirely to assess the wire damage. I can't seem to remove the panel completely because the cables are too tight. Can anyone advise how to remove the fuse box panel without causing damage?

Although, if the fan is not working, the car should start but in my case, the car does crank and start but shuts off in few seconds. Any suggestion or advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 20230906_065110.jpg
    20230906_065110.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 20230906_064946 (Large).jpg
    20230906_064946 (Large).jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Welcome to the forum.

Maybe the following YouTube video would help?

If you wanting to know how to remove the complete fuse block from the vehicle itself, I haven’t found a video that shows such but the following extract from the VE workshop manual* may help.

Box Repair 1.JPG

Box Repair 2.JPG

Box Repair 3.JPG

Box Repair 4.JPG

Box Repair 5.JPG

A combination of the video and the above extract should have you sorted/

* it's worth getting a copy of the VE workshop manual PDF if you like working on your car. There is a download link in this post so click here if you want a free copy.

Last edited:

hassansf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice LS V8
Thank you so much for your time and support. I wish I had the handbook of this vehicle to diagnose other issues.

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe the following YouTube video would help?

If you wanting to know how to remove the complete fuse block from the vehicle itself, I haven’t found a video that shows such but the following extract from the VE workshop manual* may help.

View attachment 257046
View attachment 257047

View attachment 257048

View attachment 257049

View attachment 257050

A combination of the video and the above extract should have you sorted/

* it's worth getting a copy of the VE workshop manual PDF if you like working on your car. There is a download link in a this post so click here if you want a free copy.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Thank you so much for your time and support. I wish I had the handbook of this vehicle to diagnose other issues.
I haven't seen any Holden LHD workshop manuals for the VE/VF derivatives we exported. However, downloading the RHD VE workshop manual (by clicking the link i provided and going down that rabbit hole to grab the download itself) will help in a few areas where there aren’t great LHD/RHD differences and still provide good info about Holden’s build/repair logic even when there is. Just keep in mind that these factory PDF manuals aren’t complete… For such complete info with TSB’s etc, you need a GM subscription and $$.

You could try and find a free PDF of the workshop manual for your specific LHD vehicle but I’ve not seen one.