Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gardening / Landscaping

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Rajesh Koothrappali, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Rajesh Koothrappali

Rajesh Koothrappali Banned

Members Ride:
    ya mum!
    Thanks Batca! Sounds like a good product and worthy of the spend. :D

2. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    Batca, what type of lawn are you using it on ?

3. Batca

Batca Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Vf ssv sportwagon
    Our place has a mixture of buffalo, couch and kikuyu as it's an old house on a big block so everyone has had a go with different grass. I plan to subdivide one day so just keep what's there green for our young guy and the dog to play the on. It works on all grasses mate, farmers use it on crops , veggies and stuff so it's safe with most plants.

Try this link and have a read

http://www.herbiguide.com.au/Labels/FLU128_58521-0806.PDF

You're in Perth by looks? I got it from The Farm Shop in Midland if you want to look for it.

4. Batca

Batca Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Vf ssv sportwagon
    I like it because it pretty much won't harm anything else but grass and sometimes you cbf mowing. Mix it in your sprayer and away you go. Also the grass stays away for an extended period. I Think you just have to be cautious with plants like lomandras etc that are a "grass" so be mindful of that when you planting.

5. Rajesh Koothrappali

Members Ride:
    ya mum!
    Well yesterday we ended up with our new outdoor sitting area and outdoor eating area sorted. Thought we'd get something for the deck alfresco in a couple of weeks so it was sort spontaneous! I thought I'd start looking around for something on Gumtree and found this! 10 minutes up the road from us. Got the lot for $700 and the guy delivered it to our place for us.

So I rushed home from work, got the karcher out and pressure washed the ceiling, walls, deck and outdoor dining furniture, moved the dining furniture to the new concrete slab dog yard / BBQ area and boom! DONE! Well, need to source and mount a TV on that blank wall of course but bring on the Sunday Sessions this summer... :D Was thinking I might put a few strings of festoon lights up across the grass from the house to the trees. Maybe - they're not cheap!

And definitely going to put two or three potted plants on the timber deck...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Trennaa

Trennaa Active Member

Members Ride:
    Qwerty
    SOB. This thread is so inspiring..

Was living with my brother for best part of 5 years), he since moved out and I've been on my own for maybe 6 months - very slowly with limited funds being put towards it, im cleaning up the backyard and getting it nice. It's only a rental house, so hence the limited funds, but being a smoker, and the warmer weather coming into play, im working on cleaning up the outside area.. It's certainly not much by no means, but somewhere to eat your bacon and egg breakfast, or somewhere to sit outside and have a beer. I'll throw some photos up soon!

7. stockies

stockies Bannana

Members Ride:
    G6E Turbo
    damn it raj, I hate you

Those wicker chairs are sick - I want them
    That glass table - is better than my dinner table lol
    That new grass is so green - looks amazing
    That decking is mint - I want it, but my outdoor area/deck would have to be 1.5m high to match the back of my house
    You have a bloody fan outside - pimp as fk

Fk you, I'm never setting foot out into my backyard now, it looks so ****.

fk you, I'm so jealous - I'm out.

8. Rajesh Koothrappali

Members Ride:
    ya mum!
    That's EXACTLY it for us! We want to enjoy summer... hence this setup. We've done the fireplace sitting room for winter so this becomes the flip side. :)

To anyone I just say GO FOR IT! There's so much more to enjoying life that smart phones and TV.

9. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    This.

I find getting out and doing stuff in the garden therapeutic. A bit of hard work and then sitting back with a coldy and enjoying it at the end of the day is always a good thing.

And unlike cars where if you fcuk something up it can be very costly, if you over trim a bush or cut the lawn too short, it is just the same as a bad haircut. Give it time and a bit of love and it will grow back just fine.

10. kiwicon

kiwicon Active Member

Members Ride:
    VS V8 Manual
    yip that's the goods alright.. love wicka furniture ....

im doing the other side of my back now (out the back door onto deck - about 1m off the ground - left is my water feature, right is my spa pool room).. decided to box in beside the spa room and put in a Punga tree.. other side of the spa is a dwarf umbrella tree in the same height boxed area as the punga... Paved 10x10 so can play beer checkers lol..

Word of advice for those who want to do paving.. don't it f'n sucks haha.. but if you do, use dry sand to go between the gaps.. I have been brushing wet sand in there for a week now haha..

**** photo but you get the idea...
    [​IMG]

11. 'ssv'

'ssv' Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
    Round up, another chemical that should not be in this country....
    Whats with chemicals and people these days...

On another note, looks great mate, just add a tv and wall mounted sound bar = happy days...

12. Trennaa

Trennaa Active Member

Members Ride:
    Qwerty
    I was actually going to post up snaps of my little outside area, then I realised how actually **** is looks compared to Raj's.

I may refrain lol.

13. Rajesh Koothrappali

Members Ride:
    ya mum!
    So the grass is finally rooting down. Can't just pull it up any more. Keeing it wet/moist hasn't been as difficult as I thought it might have been and I even swapped to hand watering with the hose rather than a sprinkler. It's strangely enjoyable. But once the sun comes out I swear I can see the grass growing before my eyes! LOL!

Picked up a couple of yuccas from Bunnings yesterday. Potted them in some black pots we had in the shed, after I cleaned up the pots. They're just to so the deck doesn't look so "clinical" with just the wicker furniture. We decided after I was done we need a third one, for the back corner of the deck, next to the gate to the back and other side of the house. Oh, and to put white pebbles in the tops of the pots. The to-do list will never be empty! Hahaha!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and swapped one of the single chairs with the ottoman - looks better and is more functional this way I think. We really now have a summer outside "room" to enjoy. Sitting out the for breakfast and a relaxing cuppa both mornings was a great way to start the days of the weekend.

[​IMG]

Nah man! Post it up! This is a thread for ideas and sharing any and all things gardening and landscaping related... :D Tips, tricks and ideas, etc.

The next "big" garden chore on my list is, as you can probably see, trimming all the same sort of trees down the back and other side of the house. I might take some before and after shots for that... There's more of them than in the "backyard" area too so I've been procrastinating. lol

My thumbs are greener than they've ever been in my life. People used to tell me getting out into your garden was enjoyable. I should have listened sooner. I think the problem I had is I thought everything needed to be done at once. It doesn't. Hell, do what you have time and money for... It's not like it's going anywhere. :D

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  14. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    Post away ! Imagine if everyone felt the same with their rides.....oh Jimmy's ride is awesome and better than mine so not posting mine. This site would be pretty crap.

Raj, got drip trays under your pots ?

15. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    Yeah, unlike a car, you can still use your garden if it is missing parts lol.

16. Trennaa

Trennaa Active Member

Members Ride:
    Qwerty
    ^ lel/10.

I'm at work today, and won't get home till late.. so, I'll post tomorrow possibly.

17. Rajesh Koothrappali

Members Ride:
    ya mum!
    Nope - goes out the bottom of the pot...

18. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    You might want to get some drip trays under the pots. Otherwise you will end up with lovely gunk and staining on your nice deck.

You won't see it with the pots in place but if/when you decide to relocate them you will be left with an eye sore. No deck deserves that.

19. Rajesh Koothrappali

Members Ride:
    ya mum!
    True... Will check out my options when I pick up the third pot tonight. I guess I'll need something that can sit under the pot's legs and still look nice.

20. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6