Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gen-F GTS Cop Car

Drizt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V L98
E fuel, why bother

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator & 2012 RG Colorado LTZ
Taken from another forum

"
There is still **** going down over this today between the NSW Police . . . WP . . . Holden and Oztrack

Not much is being said but here is a warrantee claim pending that WP won't cover and its landed on Holdens desk . . . dont expect anything but an ugly result from this - if Holden do what they are threatening too - WP (aka HSV/Premoso) will be or already have been "read the riot act" and WP may even disappear if the mess get any bigger . . . someone at Clayton Business Park is going to have to write a big cheque . . .

More info will surface as the week unfolds . . ."

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
fpv_gt_nsw_police_400kw_02-1123.jpg
Yes its nit picking but those foggies look quite blue to me. Quite defect worthy in fact.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
lol he only made 400 and it blew up? people making 500kw out of these engines without blowing them up and still warrantied

By who?? Guarantee Holden don't want a bar of it.

On the broader issue, it appears the motor and blower have gone to god with a bunfight and a half happening behind the scenes between WP, NSW Police, Holden and Oztrack. The problem is with the other behind closed doors manoeuvring that has been happening for well over a year now, it's going way past just a simple engine blow up further compounded by the public humiliation for all concerned. WP don't want to cover the warrantee claim and have hand balled it to Holden. Holden are already looking to dissolve their partnership with Premoso Pty Ltd and such a public blow up isn't helping the relationship. There is a very real chance that the current agreement may be terminated early if this gets any bigger.

Well the GTS had modifications not covered or offered by Walkinshaw. Hence, they were not ADR compliant.

Lemme just grab my yellow pad out.

Very few of the WPS (as opposed to HSV) engine mods are ADR'ed. WPS do however take over the remainder of the Holden drivetrain warranty on a 'return to base' basis for any works done by themselves (for a fee) which is one up on most of the aftermarket guys out there. Be aware though, Holden have nothing to do with this new warranty what so ever so good luck if something goes bang whilst you are out in the sticks or something.

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
I actually heard from a coppa I know that both cars are still running fine.

So although my info is 2nd hand it would be good to know if there are any facts about all this. Or is all this the usual rumour mill and rumour "creep" that's often driven by forums?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

So although my info is 2nd hand it would be good to know if there are any facts about all this. Or is all this the usual rumour mill and rumour "creep" that's often driven by forums?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Walkinshaw have publically thrown Oztrack out to the curb.

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

I have no knowledge of the Ford however it appears the GTS blowup is not just internet scuttlebut. From sources I trust - the motor and blower are toast. No mention of the tranny.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Honestly, are we going to jump on the hysterical bitch bus with no real facts, except I know a bloke who said blah who heard it from another bloke I trust?
Worse than the fricken ABC!