Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gen-F2 GTS "T"-Boned

Status
Not open for further replies.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
From the pictures, it does appear like they have done an excellent job....

Fingers crossed, all the boxes are ticked and it's sitting back in your garage sooner rather than later...

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Well, almost have my hands back on my GTS.
This is when the dramas it took to get the GTS repaired is worth the effort. In the photos it looks mint, good job!

Avoiding economic write offs with relatively minor crashes are essential if we want the car. It isn't necessarily easy to buy another VF matching your old one if it's a nice car and will get harder as time evolves. The mighty VF to Holden enthusiasts is way more than just a car!

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Well, almost have my hands back on my GTS. Everything is complete except for the wheel/tyre and a physical inspection by the at-fault insurer's inspector to confirm that the costs that are being claimed are in line with the repairs that have actually been undertaken (to date, any approvals etc. have been on the basis of emails and photos). The picture of the finished product don't due it justice since it was taken in full sunlight and the shine doesn't show. It's been a magnificent repair job performed by a very quality oriented professional.

View attachment 261176
you can see thats still twisted mate lol:p

looks good, glad you got the result you wanted which is a rare thing these days.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Last post on this subject.

Finally, finally got my car back home, after inspection by the at-fault insurer. Now have to remember how to set all the controls like they were before the accident, Couldn't even remember how to turn on the cruise control !!!

I would strongly recommend that every forum member installs dash cams, in all their vehicles, for your their protection. In my own case, if the at-fault driver hadn't admitted liability, if her father hadn't assisted in pushing their own insurance company, and if I didn't have a dash cam footage of the accident, the result may well have been a magnificent Gen-F2 GTS being sent to the scrap heap (wreckers).

Dash Cam link attached below for those that are interested. Not sure why the lighting is so low, but I didn't want to be accused of adjusting it in any way..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s68bz9x4p2gf3r3/20230722_151720_EF.mp4?dl=0

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
If you wish this is closed please let me know.

Very happy to hear she's finally home.

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I would have like to have seen the footage but I don't have Drop Box and not enough room on my phone to add more apps.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I would strongly recommend that every forum member installs dash cams, in all their vehicles, for your their protection. In my own case, if the at-fault driver hadn't admitted liability, if her father hadn't assisted in pushing their own insurance company, and if I didn't have a dash cam footage of the accident, the result may well have been a magnificent Gen-F2 GTS being sent to the scrap heap (wreckers).

Sold! I’ll add the dash-cam to my to-do list.

Status
Not open for further replies.