Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gen-F2 GTS "T"-Boned

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Last post on this subject.

Finally, finally got my car back home, after inspection by the at-fault insurer. Now have to remember how to set all the controls like they were before the accident, Couldn't even remember how to turn on the cruise control !!!

I would strongly recommend that every forum member installs dash cams, in all their vehicles, for your their protection. In my own case, if the at-fault driver hadn't admitted liability, if her father hadn't assisted in pushing their own insurance company, and if I didn't have a dash cam footage of the accident, the result may well have been a magnificent Gen-F2 GTS being sent to the scrap heap (wreckers).

Dash Cam link attached below for those that are interested. Not sure why the lighting is so low, but I didn't want to be accused of adjusting it in any way..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s68bz9x4p2gf3r3/20230722_151720_EF.mp4?dl=0
That hurt.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
After so long, great outcome......

I hope you are extremely happy with the way it now drives, even with the re-learning process you have to go through with the car.

Santa definately smiled on you :)

Reactions: Lex

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
It's purely astounding how that idiot (at fault driver) sailed straight into the side of the GTS with full vision of cars approaching. Dangerous driving charges shouldn't be reserved for crashes resulting in injury and death. It should be applied to all crashes of this nature with a mandatory licence loss of 5 years minimum. Good job the GTS is fixed, well done!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It's purely astounding how that idiot (at fault driver) sailed straight into the side of the GTS with full vision of cars approaching. Dangerous driving charges shouldn't be reserved for crashes resulting in injury and death. It should be applied to all crashes of this nature with a mandatory licence loss of 5 years minimum. Good job the GTS is fixed, well done!
Unfortunately even where injury occurs they don’t often charge idiot drivers with careless driving let along dangerous driving. Often it’s just an on the spot fine which is deemed enough of a deterant :mad:

In my case, I pushed to have the idiot that crashed into me to be charged with dangerous driving but all to no avail. Seems an idiot being on the wrong side of double white lines on a bend isn’t considered dangerous to other road users :oops: Everyone within the prosecution and court system seemed to line up to tell me I should be happy with diversion (which I fought) and then with the weak punishment dished out to that idiot for his “careless” driving. I was told I should consider the outcome a win as it was more “severe” than most outcomes :mad:

I still suffer pain to this day and hearing of other crashes and wrist slap punishments still make me angry/stresses me out :mad: It’s a fcuked up justice system :mad:

And back when all this occurred, to make things worse, all the insurance crap I had to go through to get a fair payout (my car that was written off with a bent floor, bent roof and was 1m shorter than when it came out of the factory) just added more salt to the wound :oops:

Glad @BlackVXGTS and his occupants weren’t hurt and that his car was well repaired :mad:

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Super glad to hear she's repaired and back on the road. And also glad no one was injured, that moment when you realise a collision is inevitable is never a good moment to be in

Also, kudos too you

Id have thought that warranted way more than one expletive

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I would strongly recommend that every forum member installs dash cams, in all their vehicles, for your their protection.

Yes!

I have been running blackvue cams for 10 years now in all my vehicles, they just work.
They have also assisted me with claims.

Something for people with dashcams to remember is to swap to a new sd card every 2~ years because they have a write life and dashcams work them hard especially high resolution cams.

if you have an accident never tell the other party you have one, let them bullsh!t their way into a corner while you provide actual evidence.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
We have one in the Santa Fe and will be putting Blackvue in the Cross8.

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
Yes, when you consider that T-bone crashes often result in brain damage if you don't have side+curtain airbags. One only hears about the deaths from road accidents, not the people whose lifes were changed forever.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Unfortunately Holden utes didn't get side air bags until 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.