Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GENUINE VE GTS WHEELS, Anyone bought these from this seller?? HELP!!

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
Saw this listing on ebay a while ago..

HOLDEN HSV VE GTS GENUINE 20" ALLOY MAG WHEELS $1500 | eBay

it was then relisted again..

HOLDEN HSV VE GTS GENUINE 20" ALLOY MAG WHEELS $1500 | eBay

I ended up contacting the seller though the email given in the listing and worked out a deal for $1400 delivered. Ended up paying though bank deposit..

After a long wait the seller told me the rims were sent off on the 13th of July and would take 3-7 business days to arrive.. only thing is im still waiting.
Ive tried contacting him several times via email (didnt give a phone number) but still no reply.

Just wondering whether anyone else had bought these rims from this seller or if anyone could give me a hand in what I should do now..

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Thats sucks man !!

But this is always why i pay with paypal least you can turn around and request your money back. I am unsure what you can do if it was bank deposit. Maybe contact ebay and see what they say ? Did he provide you with shipping Consignment number or anything ?

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
Try a reverse transfer with the bank worked for me but always use paypal for that sense of security

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
I sent him an Email asking if they will fit a VX Commodore. Ill let you know if he replys, that way if he does we know he is dodging you. If he reply, I will try and get a phone number also :p

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
dude.... never do direct bank deposit with things like this!
obviously too late now, but its a big headache to try and get money from a complete stranger if he doesnt live near you.
were the wheels sent insured?
whats the bet he claims they were sent and then 'lost'.

Damo83

VE MY09 SV6
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
Members Ride
VF SV6 Black Edition Sportswagon My17
U can get phone number from the seller, all u do is go talk to one of the online ebay helper chat line. they will explain how to contact member.

Pay pal is the best secured online payments and if things goes wrong. They will send ur money back.

Good luck i hope u get a refund or received the rims

damo

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Dear oh dear, paypal is there for a reason mate.:doh:

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Yeah, Paypal is there but when you ask people to do things cheaper OFF eBay, they quite often request direct deposit to avoid the % of fees Paypal normally takes from their sale.

Also, you can get his contact details direct from eBay without chatting to anyone. Just search the help section.

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
Thanks for all the replies guys, means a lot!!

In the end its a big learning experience for me, i will always be using paypal from now on!
Never did think this would ever happen though, thought i was just getting a good deal..

Anyway turns out ive notified ebay and they cant give me any of this details because it was done outside ebay but they will happily help law enforcement if i take legal action.. which is what i have done. I have notified them of the situation and they will be getting back to me soon.

In addition to this i also have lodged a recovery for the funds though the bank.

Hopefully I will get the money back in the end, I just dont understand how this guy sold about 12 sets of the rims plus others and he could go and sting me like this. Well as a said an expensive lesson to learn!

Also 'boypocketsjr' I doubt he gets back to you mate, I got one of my mates to do the same about 4 days ago and still no reply but im thinking steer clear of this one.. avoid a lot of hassle!

If anyone has got anymore info on this please let us know, Cheers!

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
i only pay for things less then maybe $100 direct deposit, otherwise i use my mums ebay account and pay via paypal.