Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Geoff's New WEAPON! Built In 1984..... TUFF!!

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
Cheers man.
Well the bloke i bought it off just said the carby needs a slight tune, im not too sure what exactly needs doing.
It just got this one spot thats a bit rough, and its a bit of a pig until its all warmed up properly.
Ill do plugs and leads maybe next week, and then maybe look at the points and dissy related things.

Iv worked with those carbies alot. If the rough patch isnt at idle then its not likely to be the mixture. More likely that the needle seat is worn. I can have a look at it for you when you bring it down to FG.

The reversing lights. Ah yer my mate had this issue when we put the 253 in the Scorpion. The switch was gone, id say the addition of the short shifter may have been a cause. You can get little pressure switches from dick smith for 40c. Wire the switch to the reversing lights and to the battery. Then mount the switch so that when the car is in reverse it puts pressure on the switch. OR just put a flick switch in for the reverse lights.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
The switch is there, but i dunno. As i said i will take another better look next week.

It is a bit of a fanny on idle when its cold and what not, and need to keep revs up a bit, but once its all warmed up, it idles fine
I will bring it up to KK next time i come

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
id say its running lean. I think these ones were an auto choke, so that might have died in the ass.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i think it might be, took it for a thrashing tonight, and it was being a bit funny... when i revved it passed 3 grand it would like stutter like it was dying for fuel...
Was doing it for quite a while then just stopped so i dont know...
But the most important thing is..... its fun in the wet.... 2nd gear skids lol

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
LOL... no comment.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
:(:( Something happened on the way to work today, weird noise, and then a grinding sort of noise when i slow down/brake, have a feeling the front left wheel bearing went and crapped themselves.
Will have a look when i get a chance but i feel rancid as now, stupid getting sick!

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers man, :p
Found out a few things too.... its got girlock calipers up front, and the rims that are on it are using wheel spacers.... LOL dodgey? haha, meh ill prob get some stock alloys from the wreckers soon, cause these are 205/55/16's and are not a common size and are quite expensive tyres.
Would rather just get some cheap nasty 14's lol.

Also, its not the wheel bearing that made that noise, so im not entirely sure what it was, but its gone now i will keep an eye on it.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
grinding noise + wheel spacers + dodgy sized tyres = still cool coz its a sigma

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hahahaha, yeah it is funny.
Got my eyes on a set of factory scorpion rims at the moment, wouldnt look too hideous and will be cheap on tyres.
Was spose to do more RWC related things on it today but got sidetracked.
Didnt like the rust i found so i got to it and grinded it all back and got some rust converter and primed and painted it. Bit dodgey and only temporary, but looks a lot better than it did, and hopefully it wont spread now.
Also started putting stereo in, had to hack away at the doors to fit my splits in, and also the door trims, but meh its only a sigma lol.
Anyway, pics will speak for themselves.

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00401.jpg