Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Geoff's VS Clubsport Build #144

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
And just backed that last one up with a 6.21 with a real bad launch, so im hoping shes got a 5.99 in her some where :p and then diff gears :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Is that a reasonable time??

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
hahaha, oh dear god, you suck at lunches :D lol, you're as bad as me. I can't help but light up the 225s every time I try and give her some stick. Up yours, greenfoam and your stupid tune ^^

Anything in the 5s is a damn fast time for a near-stock car. Gears will be a killer in a V8, we'll see what happens to greenfoam's soon!

You need to post that damn time in the G-Tech Heroes thread under General ;) haha. Welcome to the club!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
thats an impressive time if the car is stock. wouldve thought it would be closer to 7 seconds. ill have to try beat your time now :) dan let me borrow the gtech haha

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Hes got pacemakers and a zoorst (and a manual which is worth serious time over a auto 5 litre). I gteched a pacemaker/zoorst VQ stato once with 2 fat guys in it and me and it ran a 6.8 which I thought was pretty good (the owner reckons it also had cam/heads/tune but I dunno about that), it makes a fairly big difference to the bottom end and mid range grunt having pacemakers. But yep 6.11 is real nice :) a couple degrees more spark advance in the tune would dump that into the 5's without any problem. You don't even need to rish the long run down the 1/4 because 6.11s in the manual VS would be about............ 14.6 :)

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cool cool, so now i've got it in my mind i have to get it in the 5's soon, probly without gears, with gears will make it no probs... but yeah basically stock 5 ltr, just exhaust and well the guy i bought it off told me its got a chip, and i have got the reciept for it BUT, it was done in '96 by powerchip in melbourne, so i have NO idea what kinda chip it was or if there was much gain etc, i honestly have no clue...
But i wasnt expecting a time like that im pretty happy, cause the car feels like its trying too hard and u can really feel it kick in and slow down through the rev range, like its not smooth through out but i guess thats just cause im completly used to it and know it like the back of my hand but yeah... feels slow to me and im always wanting more......
Ive still got to do my plugs and leads... they are STILL sitting in my back seat, for like 3-4 weeks now its sad, gotta work out how the hell to get to the left hand side plugs, and also to get to the coil pack at the back...
Im on holidays now so ill get some time on my hands to take a look!

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Went to the sunroof centre today, took a look at them, all is good i WANT ONE!!
Ill get one put in very soon....

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Nice time mate. You havn't done a full qtr run yet? Hope your doing these on a reasonably flat road. I rly gotta get my hands on another g-tech...Don't let friends borrow it and leave it tin their car then when you get it back it is broken...Get your leads and sparks done u lazy man then give it another go, wunna see how low u can go. :D

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hahahaha thanks man, yeah i REALLY should im too lazy, but i have been real busy lately, ill blame it on that, might have a crack at it tmoz.
The road i been doin it on starts to go up a bit of a slope, but im already slowing down by that point so its pretty damn flat for the 0-60 part of it.
Havnt done a quater yet, need to find a better road.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
It's ok man.... you can used mine on a cruise sometime :p
Or just snag one off ebay, as i said i got mine for $76