Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GM Motorsport August Intake & Tune special $990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV REDLINE UTE AUTO
Hey Guys,

Wondering if anyone else has taken up the GM Motorsport August Intake & Tune special offer?

I have a VF2 SSVRL ute Auto & I got mine done yesterday... left the exhaust stock and just went for Ramjet 3 Intake and the tune...

Certainly made a big difference to power right across the rev range and would be glad to hear others experiences there.. Unfortunately for that price you dont get a before dyno run so dont know the real improvements.. however the end result dyno was 288rwkws on their particular dyno

One concern i have is the apparent tuning of the gearbox... on gear change under throttle, it seems to change more smooth and lurch fwd each gear... sorry bad explanation but i cant remember the technical name for this..

Reason for concern is i have come out of an FG Turbo which was tuned and the gearbox did the same thing which i know was super bad for it and i believe helped in twisting my tailshaft and blowing the cv over time...

Wondering if the VF2 SSV Redline utes come with more substantial and heavy duty parts around the back end etc?

Cheers

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Hey Guys,

Certainly made a big difference to power right across the rev range and would be glad to hear others experiences there.. Unfortunately for that price you dont get a before dyno run so dont know the real improvements.. however the end result dyno was 288rwkws on their particular dyno
Cheers

That's pretty good, stock they're around 230-240rwkw.

With a OTR CAI, headers, exhaust and tune, about 290-310rwkw

Add a cam and tune to above, 325-350rwkw

my gearbox tune deleted the blip on changing down and it engages a bit harder, with a thump, but it's easy to spin in first three gears.

martinpalac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Commodore
If this was available on the Gold Coast, id be jumping at it