Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GM Software For Upgrade And Dash Light Changes etc

AJQ Best

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Anyone advise if there are used GM TECH TOOLS for sale with software? Cheers and thanks

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
What are you wanting to actually achieve?
Plenty of interfaces available on the net and you can run tech2win for the VE but it's not the be all end all for what it does.
Regardless of what you read or hear it's limited to what GM want you to be able to do.
If you want to replace modules and reprogram them the you need to use a suitable interface and pay Acdelco for a 2 year subscription for 1 vin to do the programming you can read & see that here

If you want to program vin numbers ,link modules, head units and retrieve key codes etc then there are better options out there and a search on the net will yield all the information you want because I would suggest that no-one will spoon feed it to you it's going to take a lot of searching and trial & error.
Trust me when I say read everything and look at photos that have been put up but take them all with a pinch of salt because 90% of them do not contain all the information that you will require so make back ups and get a good strong magnifying glass for reading chips.