Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GM TECH 2 Vetronix scanner & Genuine software GM

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
As far as I am aware, you'll need to buy a new card. Well that's what I did. The only other way around it that I could guess that may work is if you have access to a working card and could copy the info across. I don't know if the Tech2 can do this, you may need a computer with a PCMCIA slot in it. No idea if that is possible (the PC may not be able to read it even). I do have an add-on card for the PC lying around, but it's unchecked and been lying around for about a decade. So I did think about trying this, but to be honest I've already wiped one card and am not that keen on playing around and risking another. Hey I thought it'd be safe enough to play around with considering the write protect tab was on, but that didn't save it. So no more risking it I think.
Anyway, they (the cards) aren't very expensive if you buy one from China.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Sorry to Revive an old thread but my question directly relates to the vetronix copy of the tech 2.

I have an 08 model VE commodore, would this be able to reprogram the standard ecu if I was going to go from Auto to Manual?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Some actions on the tech2 will need TIS security access. You will probably also need the vehicles security code.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Do you mean my vehicle security code or the manual car that I will be using the vin from for the reprogram?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Im not 100% sure about the VE and how the security is set up on them, ,I haven't had much to do with them, but usually you would need to relink the BCM and ECU when going from auto to manual type ECU, and to do this you will need your vehicles security code. Again, im not 100% sure if you would need the donor vehicles security code or just yours..Someone here should be able to tell you exactly whats needed to be done though..
EDIT- Just found out the VE ECU needs the engine/body number programmed into it before it will work. A tech2 should be able to do this.

Last edited:

chewnoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT,VN,VE
Sorry to dig up an old thread , just so i can understand , if i buy the lone tech2 it will do typical read faults and clear air bag lights, but it wont allow me to re-program dash cluster from v6-v8 ,auto -manual ecu programing ,key programing unless i have a holden subscription for the tech2 . is that about right?
sorry if it was already covered just trying to get my head around it

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Sorry to dig up an old thread , just so i can understand , if i buy the lone tech2 it will do typical read faults and clear air bag lights, but it wont allow me to re-program dash cluster from v6-v8 ,auto -manual ecu programing ,key programing unless i have a holden subscription for the tech2 . is that about right?
sorry if it was already covered just trying to get my head around it

You can most definitely change the configuration of the dash cluster. I can easily change the Transmission type, sedan/wagon, etc. And I have programmed my own keys before, you just need the BCM code.

chewnoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT,VN,VE
You can most definitely change the configuration of the dash cluster. I can easily change the Transmission type, sedan/wagon, etc. And I have programmed my own keys before, you just need the BCM code.

Awesome thanks , a mate was trying to tell me i had to have a subcription to holden to do any programing , thanks for clearing that up,
Where did you buy yours from mate?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina