Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Good car to learn manual in

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
1.3 4 speed 4 banger Ke70, Sitting at around 3500 in 4th at 80 lol, Something along the lines is awesome car though factory cruise control, just rip the choke out and ya laughing how many cars do you get these days for under 1g with cruise not many :) they go forever take so much punishment :) Cool little cars can take of easy in second easy heaps good lil car :)... Loved mine head went on it so i sold it lol

Chilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commy
cheers all

$10k would be looking at something like an S13 turbo or a V8 manual commo, but that might be pushing given how rusty i'd be at driving manual. Might be best to get an elcheapo car, learn in it, then do it up with a tight budget, and then sell it off to fund a better car haha.

why would you do up your el cheapo car??? honestly i don't think doing it up a little is going to add alot of value to an el cheapo, you'd prob lose money. buy el cheapo ---> learn ---> sell ----> better car.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
i learned to drive manual on my mums 04 forester and while it was a bit tricky getting used to the clutch setting that they have i now have to problems hoping in any manual car and adapting straight away to the clutch setting

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
why would you do up your el cheapo car??? honestly i don't think doing it up a little is going to add alot of value to an el cheapo, you'd prob lose money. buy el cheapo ---> learn ---> sell ----> better car.

It'd be mainly for learning purposes, if i was actually to go ahead with modding a cheap car i bought, itd be all DIY to cut costs and for me to learn as well, if something screws up then less harm will be done than if it was to happen to my daily driver.

$10k might be pushing it after reevaluating my finances, $2k or less would be my current budget, so its pretty much an old 4 banger with high k's, though i have seen a few older V6 commodores going for less than $2k with manual transmission. I'm thinking commodore, at least i wont need to thrash it to keep up with traffic.

Chilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commy
It'd be mainly for learning purposes, if i was actually to go ahead with modding a cheap car i bought, itd be all DIY to cut costs and for me to learn as well, if something screws up then less harm will be done than if it was to happen to my daily driver..

Ah makes sense, only one way to learn, right? :p