Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

good quality RCA leads ?

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
Look up Stinger, their RCA leads are pretty good.

Last edited:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Over such a long run for a good quality cable that can be debated as snake oil you'll be paying hundreds and that's at the bottom end of the scale. If you can solder you may aswell just get some Beldin cable and make up your own sets, that way you can also make them the exact length.

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Stinger 4000 series and KnuKonceptz Krystal are the 2 best bang for buck

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Over such a long run for a good quality cable that can be debated as snake oil you'll be paying hundreds and that's at the bottom end of the scale. If you can solder you may aswell just get some Beldin cable and make up your own sets, that way you can also make them the exact length.

My sound system is fairly modest, although I have chosen the *most* of the components with sound quality in mind rather than all out decibels.
So I'm not looking at an competition style system by any standards. Main thing I'm trying (desperately!) to do is eliminate an annoying alternator whine. I've cleaned earths, relocated earths (engine, body and sound system), bought a new head unit, ran the RCA's down the centre of the car to avoid interference from power leads, fit filters to the head unit, amp and RCA leads all to no avail. Only thing left is the cheap arse Supercheap RCA leads which I left until last because they are a prick to replace lol :)

So I've taken up skappascrap's suggestion and ordered a set of leads from Coinslot Enterprises. Apart from the quality and shielding of these leads, I also liked the fact that they have compact connectors (there is ZERO space behind a VH headunit!). And his prices are actually quite reasonable.

thanks again for all the suggestions

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
How did you determine the quality? His prices are reasonable but he doesn't mention the cable used, or the type of plugs. ( or does he ? perhaps i missed it) If you don't know either of those two things, then you have no idea what your paying for, you could be buying very cheap products. I'm not having a go at the bloke, but anyone can dress up a cable with some techflex. If space is an issue at the rear of the unit you can use a right angle rca plug.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
nah he doesn't mention what cable he uses, but bottom line is, even if he did mention what cable he uses I would still be relying on other people's opinions and/or recommendations on that particular cable (and opinions differ from one person to another). Unfortunately there aren't any manufacturers that I'm aware of that quote stats for their cables which accurately reflect the quality of the cables, particularly when it comes to noise suppression.

Like any RCA cable purchase, I'm taking a chance, but with a recommendation. Skappascrap recommended this cable, so I can only assume by that he has had some sort of positive experience with it. That's really all I have to go on for any brand.

My current RCA plugs have 90 degree ends and they don't fit at all because there they are laid out in the format below, with no room to the sides. In order for them to all fit, you must fit them at an angle, but there is no room to angle them because the heat sink is on one side and the dash carrier for the head unit is on the other.

HOLD3N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I still feel you have an earth problem. Try alternative RCA, but not sure it's going to fix your issue of alternator whine. Any half decent RCA should do a good job for you, expensive RCA would be arguable improvements for $ spent.