Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Good replacement for S1 headunit (for bluetooth streaming)

Grande316

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega Ute
Only $300? Jeez thats tempting to upgrade to a decent double din unit. I'm assuming one of the harnesses is for the steering wheel controls?
Allegedly the steering wheel control harness is included. I don't know a whole lot about stereos so I don't know how many are 100% compatible.

[EDIT]I may have bent the truth a bit on this one. Will investigate further.

Harnesses? Oh no... that sounds like something i cant install myself.
They list what adaptor harness is needed for which brand of headunit so it shouldn't be too hard to match. Ironically it looks like fitting the fascia is the hard part as there's a temp sensor that has to be fitted behind the dash.

Last edited:

mouseno4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 '08 Ute
I got a price quote from Repco (who cant get it until mid to late August) at $275.

EDIT - They are currently available on ebay for $349. So if you want them NOW, be prepared to fork out $75 more for the privilege of getting it up to a month earlier.

Last edited:

Grande316

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega Ute
From what I can gather it looks like silver ones aren't in the country yet, so mid to late August sounds about right.
At least it gives me a chance to save some shekels.

Grande316

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega Ute
They are currently available on ebay for $349. So if you want them NOW, be prepared to fork out $75 more for the privilege of getting it up to a month earlier.
Found the listing. It says they're on back order and won't be available until August. So you're actually getting taxed to get it the same time stores will have it.

Grande316

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega Ute
Fitted mine today, first half hour or so was pretty easy but after that became a PITA.

Installed a Pioneer AVH-A205BT touchscreen/Bluetooth head unit. Problem is no steering wheel controls. The handbrake has to be on (it is) to get access to the menu but it's shaded out. Guessing there was an extra step I missed.

Sorted. ;) Like factory now. :D

Last edited:

davecdp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Grande316 does this kit work with dual zone?

miguelbox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International S1 3.0L
It does not support duel zone.

I've got this on order and should be installing it in a couple of weeks with a Pioneer AVH-Z9150BT.

gd81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sv6 Manual
Does it work for Series II?
Never use dual zone anyway.