Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Goodbye... Holden :(

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The days of entitlement are slowly being eroded away as they should be.
To the lazy ones yes, but not everyone, but if you cut them off then crime will rise yours and my stuff we be targeted for quick cash and if they are caught and charged then serve 1 year in jail then its costing the tax payer not 13k a year but 105k plus a year, so no logic in taken their welfare benefits. I for one don't want to be tripping over homeless people on the street or been threaten by a thug for money.
Every worker will say go and get a job, but until your in the vote then your not seeing the big picture on average for every one job comes available they get 150+ applications and how they handle it is by taken the first 10 and the rest goes in the bin.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
what makes you think i meant anything but?

apologies, I was discussing the intricacies of the warranty with someone else at the same time regarding time frames. That comment didn’t apply to you

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The days of entitlement are slowly being eroded away...
buy the politicians so politicians can get their boated entitlements o_O

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
...have a look how many millions they wasted in high court fees among themselves for dual citizenship 600k for each case..
Yet Barnaby Joyce, who couldn’t understand the consitution as written and didn’t know his own lineage and ties to another country, was voted back into power after being tossed out by the High Court... nobody should have voted for him so he should have failed in his re-election attempt... and BJ should have had his year of false retirement entitlements, etc, cancelled...
Those morons in office couldn't run a brothel
I think the correct slur is “couldn’t organise a head job in a brothel”

But we’ve really moved away from the problems of an American owned company as Holden was... it was never “Australian” ;) Nationalist loyalty towards Holden is just so misguided :oops:

Overwatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 ZB Commodore RS 6Cyl AWD
Did GM deliberately kill off one of its best cars in 2017?
Absolutely they did. I drove an SV6 and Caprice in VF, loved them both.

The general perception is that the standard of GM vehicles now is poor.
I can't speak for the other models, but for the Commodore, I believe this is incorrect. I also once drove an Acadia, and also believe this to be incorrect (but I only drove it for a week). The models are well appointed, have better drivetrains and have more power than their predecessors (but you would expect this with each new release.

We, as a group of proud Australians, believe that the VF was probably one of the best engineered and built GM cars anywhere in the world at that time. They receive rave reviews on the States from enthusiasts.
I wholeheartedly agree (and that's coming from an American, where we have a choice of a lot more models). Unfortunately, as good as they were, people did not buy enough of them.

Overwatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
so please don't come here and preach to us about our Commodore!
Sigh...you might find this hard to believe but we are in complete agreement here. The story of GM in the United States is even more outrageous than what just happened to Holden. We actually filed for bankruptcy protection and had to be bailed out. By our own government. That did not happen with Holden. There was no financial emergency with Holden, no embarrassing stuff ups by management (like, oh, I dunno, failing to keep an eye on the cashflow like what happened in the US, a fairly obvious requirement of running a business if you ask me). I am not saying that what happened to Holden here ~only happened here, I'm saying it's what happened.

If I as a business owner had a choice between 1) going bankrupt and having to be bailed out (GM) and 2) Watching the dollars and deciding that it wasn't worth it and shutting down the business in an orderly manner, paying staff ALL their entitlements and honoring service commitments as required by law (GMH), I'll pick 2) anytime.

Loyal Commodore driver?
Um, yes. Drove multiple VY, VZ, VE, VF and now ZB Commodores across all platforms (base up to Caprice excluding HSV).
Seriously, GM has raped and pillaged automotive marquees around the globe because they no longer fit with the GM/Trump vision of US first and foremost. Today GM shat on our beloved Holden
I don't think it's that dramatic, it's simply the business case does not stack up. There are ***not enough people*** who still buy Holden to make the cost of having RHD vehicles in this country worthwhile. *Fans alone* CANNOT support a business unless there are enough of them. How many people bemoan the fact that their favorite product has been discontinued. If it sells, it keeps going, if it doesn't, it stops being made. It's called Business. Harsh but real. And I'm pretty sure if it was your money that was being spent, you would come to the same conclusion!

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
they are obligated under consumer law, they just wanted to re-assure potential buyers that the car would have some form of support going forward.

The Australian Government taking a US Giant to court and winning ?...................I'd like to see that.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
And I'm pretty sure if it was your money that was being spent, you would come to the same conclusion!

Many hundreds of millions of our money was being spent.

Overwatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
What Brands and models are people going with in the future?
As an American, I want to continue driving American so I am looking at Jeeps at the moment :) Grand Cherokee, closest to KW output to a ZB (well, 25 less).

Overwatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm not trying to pick an argument with you just pointing out that if.nostalgia and history dont mean.anything to you with regard to a car then you won't understand why this whole Holden commodore stuff means so much to most of the people who grew up here. Hence my feeling of being kicked when you said "if you have to blame anyone blame yourselves". Possibly true but not what anyone wants to hear right now.
Fair point, I should have worded it more sensitively. There really is no one to blame, it's more that people stopped buying Holden for their own reasons (sad look).