Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Got a new HSV Steering wheel for ym VE SS

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Where in Perth are you?

I might be keen on a cashie :D

dingdong555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive
Where in Perth are you?

I might be keen on a cashie :D

North of the river, $50 cash if you're interested, give us a PM (I'm in 6026)

Only thing is, if the airbag goes off, someones in trouble :D

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
PM sent.

I've lost count of how many airbags I've removed/installed and never had one go off on me :D

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
wow, i'd hate to see some people handle real demolition charges then.. he he..

ok, if you disconnect the battery, the ONLY way you can set it off is IF there is a capacitor within the circuit and it has charge, OR if there is a large static charge across the circuit.

Disconnect battery, allow some time for any caps to dissipate charge, and don't do this job on a cold dry day with a woolly jumper on!

EDIT: ok, i lied, but i'll save myself from the flaming.. Other conditions which MAY cause detonation:
*High RF energy (Don't do your wheel change in an antenna farm, or inside a microwave.)
*Induced current (Stay away from massive moving magnets and do not change wheel on a moving platform within a giant coil of conductive materiel.)

Last edited:

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
I know people who've disconnected the battery and taken out the fuse have had it still go off..

Are you serious??
Only way this could happen is if they were wearing woolen socks on carpet or had a battery in their hands..

brokenikon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Maloo: 2008 VE SV6: 2004 VY II R8 Maloo
Yeah, just to clarify, this is what I've been told twice so far from two seperate mechanics. I initially wanted to follow the guide cause it looks straight forward, but I figured when I was getting the VE serviced I'd ask if they could do it the same day for me on top, and was told that they weren't keen on fiddling with the steering wheel as they've had them go off before, despite the already mentioned precautions. So naturally after that, I didn't want to mess with the guide. On a second occasion at a different mechanics, I remembered the steering wheel and what a useless paperweight it was becoming, and asked this company whether they would, and they said nup as well, quoting the same "airbag will explode and destroy life as we know it"

So you understand why I would give out the advice to get it done professionally, if I'm getting two separate, independant sources telling me the same thing. And no...not backyard mechanics, both work at professional companies, I don't get my cars serviced by scrubs :p

And this also annoys me, cause I would like to fit that fn steering wheel in.:ranting:

Last edited:

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Yeah, just to clarify, this is what I've been told twice so far from two seperate mechanics. I initially wanted to follow the guide cause it looks straight forward, but I figured when I was getting the VE serviced I'd ask if they could do it the same day for me on top, and was told that they weren't keen on fiddling with the steering wheel as they've had them go off before, despite the already mentioned precautions. So naturally after that, I didn't want to mess with the guide. On a second occasion at a different mechanics, I remembered the steering wheel and what a useless paperweight it was becoming, and asked this company whether they would, and they said nup as well, quoting the same "airbag will explode and destroy life as we know it"

So you understand why I would give out the advice to get it done professionally, if I'm getting two separate, independant sources telling me the same thing. And no...not backyard mechanics, both work at professional companies, I don't get my cars serviced by scrubs :p

And this also annoys me, cause I would like to fit that fn steering wheel in.:ranting:

Fair enough hey, i guess most people are pushing you towards doing it yourself cause most don't want you to part with hard-earned to get a simple job done.

At least you're smart enough to ask around and try to get it at a decent price....

let us know what you end up doing, and how much (if any) it all costs..
(and if the world ends from some smoofty popping your air bag :D )

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II

What an absolute load, my mate works in a wreckers and takes off and fits these wheels all the time and no problems...

dingdong555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive
Looks like I got a fake wheel, it's barely even black anyway, and no pinholes, please confirm it's fake before i open a paypal dispute :)

JdKli.jpg

Ci9II.jpg

FU5eA.jpg

T5iMh.jpg

j5DLM.jpg

Gz0dF.jpg

FFj7o.jpg

8aLEX.jpg

a1cMs.jpg