Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

got a yellow sticker. WA VT SS gen3

D

duckwing06

yeah thats what i thought deserthead. to behonest im not to worried bout swapping the steering whel back over

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
if he didnt get you for the wheel just leave it an see what happens.. but yeh the back end is too low if its 95mm clearance... needs to be 100mm.

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
This was taken straight from DPI..

Modifications to be suspension system are subject to the following :

Cutting, welding, heating or bending of any suspension component is not permitted.

Any shortening or resetting of springs must be carried out by a recognised spring maker.

A vehicle must not be lowered more than 1/3 of the bump clearance originally specified by the vehicle manufacturer and the distance measured from the ground to the lower edge of the reflecting surface of the headlamp must not be less than 500mm.

Lowering of a vehicle should be equal front and rear to retain the original horizontal plane.

No part of a vehicle or accessories (except flexible mud flaps) shall project below the lower edge of a wheel rim.

One thing they didn't mention is that the height can be tested with the maximum seating capacity filled .. ie put 5 people in the car...!!

Regarding the sticker in general, the copper doesn't have to list every fault with the car, but you can bet your last dollar that the guys at the pits will find things.. You may be lucky with the wheel, just make sure you remove any SRS Airbag stickers and they might not realise.. just a thought..

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/1889.asp

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I thought dvd player screens were not allowed to be in view of the driver? Even if they arent being used as a dvd player at the time?

Matty081

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
I thought dvd player screens were not allowed to be in view of the driver? Even if they arent being used as a dvd player at the time?

thats right.
and that is also written on the dpi site.

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
My brother in law works in the pits and he said they are not allowed to add faults to the sticker only check what is on the defect notice. So you shouldn't have to worry about the steering wheel. But I will check for you.

P

perthgen3man

MarzVP said:
My brother in law works in the pits and he said they are not allowed to add faults to the sticker only check what is on the defect notice. So you shouldn't have to worry about the steering wheel. But I will check for you.

Doesnt matter what the car gets a sticker for, pit personal will do a full examination of the vehicle and list ALL faults.

Once they have done that they will give the customer a set time period to get them fixed, when the customer comes back over the pits then, and only then, do they check for the faults that the original examiner found are fixed.

Matty081

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
im with you genman.
im sure if they spotted a blatently obvious safety issue and did not fault it, they would be liable in case of an accident.

D

duckwing06

thanks for the replys guys. steering wheel isnt hard to change so im just gonna change it for the inspection and be done with. as for the height i know a couple wreckers so im jsut gonna borrow some springs and put em in the back and see what happens. and the dvd player ive set it so it doesnt come out at all till u press the a button so im hoping the assesor doesnt have the smarts to try open it

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
also, just check little things like all your pedals having rubber globes work etc etc.. I know my brothers calais got absolutley hammered at Warwick Pits. One of his electric windows was slightly slower than the others which was apparantly a safety hazard, his brake pedal was missing a bit of rubber the size of a peanut and exposed the metal bit - another safety hazard there were a pile of other things that could be seen as a problem (eg leaky rear main leak, steering rack) His original sticker was just for suspension so pits they can pick what ever they want.