Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Got sludge ?

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
People who are told all holden dealers are **** then when the car don't go, blame Holden, and piss moan the car is a piece of sh!t etc.
Holden manufacture and Holden service are two different things.
Most complaints here are Holden manufacture have caused a problem then Holden service do everything they can to not fix it. That's when the piss moan starts. And rightly so. Eg steering rack, lifters, piston slap, seat clicks, my link updates etc etc

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
As an apprentice i used to go out to communities in the desert in the middle of aus and fix/service powerstations,one of the cat 6 cyl motors hadnt had oil changed for that long that the oil went to vegemite coloured/consistent jelly,it was an engine strip down job.
Not uncommon on motors that dont ever get serviced,after so long oil breaks down and doesnt do its job anymore...
If you are very lucky you can run a heap of diesel in the sump and it may break most of it down so it can be drained out so then you have a mostly running pos motor.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Holden manufacture and Holden service are two different things.
Most complaints here are Holden manufacture have caused a problem then Holden service do everything they can to not fix it. That's when the piss moan starts. And rightly so. Eg steering rack, lifters, piston slap, seat clicks, my link updates etc etc

I should of emphasized the word ALL , sorry, is that a little more clear.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
As an apprentice i used to go out to communities in the desert in the middle of aus and fix/service powerstations,one of the cat 6 cyl motors hadnt had oil changed for that long that the oil went to vegemite coloured/consistent jelly,it was an engine strip down job.
Not uncommon on motors that dont ever get serviced,after so long oil breaks down and doesnt do its job anymore...
If you are very lucky you can run a heap of diesel in the sump and it may break most of it down so it can be drained out so then you have a mostly running pos motor.
https://tiremeetsroad.com/2019/11/2...pan-from-chevrolet-cruze-find-oil-jello-cake/

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
That would have to be a set up. It might not even be motor oil.
It would be rather stupid for the workshop to fake a video by putting crap into the engine while identifying the car via its the rego. The owner wouldn’t be happy if they put crud into their engine for a laugh and some YouTube hits. And if the car belonged to the mechanic making the video, it may be faked but to what point.

Occam’s razor would put the blame squarely on an owner that simply neglects his vehicle ;)

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
'1 lady owner'

My mum just got her BMW (2012 F30 328i) back after another $3k repair job (car isn't even ar 80k km yet lol)

This time (from what I gather) the fuel system went kaupt and she has been driving around with fuel seeping out the back for 2 days & she finally noticed something was "not quite right" until the car started to piss fuel out on the floor...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
My mum just got her BMW (2012 F30 328i) back after another $3k repair job (car isn't even ar 80k km yet lol)

This time (from what I gather) the fuel system went kaupt and she has been driving around with fuel seeping out the back for 2 days & she finally noticed something was "not quite right" until the car started to piss fuel out on the floor...

Bavarian Money Waster...

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

How does the fuel get inside the car?

Edit, I got it, the floor where it's parked. Doh!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
How does the fuel get inside the car?

Edit, I got it, the floor where it's parked. Doh!

Floor and ground are regularly substituted these days....strangely.