Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Graffiti

holden_102789

holden102789
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
its a form of art, its the little ****wits that dont know what there doing that **** it up for everyone

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Some graffiti-ists are truly artists, it's just a pity that they have to use public and private property, without permission, to display their talents.

Mindless idiots who think that tagging everything that stands is clever p*** me off. Neighbourhoods look like bloody ghettos. If they are caught, fining is not appropriate for a penalty. They should be sentenced to hundreds of hours communty servicing cleaning the crap off walls, telegraph poles, garage doors, trains, electricity sub stations and everywhere else they scrawl this rubbish.

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
I love the Graffiti Artists, and agree, the little dip****s with spray cans taggin **** is pointless as hell, most graffiti artists that put their work onto something like the tram.... Know its going to get removed, they take a photo, a few people get a look at some great art, and then its painted over, they seem unphased by it, and the worst thing is when they come back to take a photo of a mural, to have some ******** tags all over it, thats just a complete lack of respect for an artist..... Like claiming ownership of a photo....

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
i agree with you guys, there are two different 'taggers' the guys who do a bloody good job- spend HOURS on their art work, which looks great, and theres the dip ****s who just scribble on the wall- we had an excavator COVERED in tags after if was left over night on site :p

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
In ACT there is legal graffiti walls set up, particularly under road bridges. Some of them have some awesome artwork on them but too many prats go and spray their tag over the top.

Speaking of PRATTS and graffiti.. I don't know if anyone read this story about Steve Pratt

DIY MP 'told' graffiti he removed was art | NEWS.com.au

Basiclly he took it upon himself to clean off and paint over a legal graffiti wall even though he was told it was allowed to be there and that the person who did it was actually paid to do it!

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
I think some of it could be called art,

For exmple... Where they have pro's paint on walls that they dont want to be tagged.

As for the s**tty graphiti goin round I think only d**kheads could have done it. Not only does it look pov but the crap they put into spraycans these days they deserve to die.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
In ACT there is legal graffiti walls set up, particularly under road bridges. Some of them have some awesome artwork on them but too many prats go and spray their tag over the top.

Speaking of PRATTS and graffiti.. I don't know if anyone read this story about Steve Pratt

DIY MP 'told' graffiti he removed was art | NEWS.com.au

Basiclly he took it upon himself to clean off and paint over a legal graffiti wall even though he was told it was allowed to be there and that the person who did it was actually paid to do it!

ha-ha that's gold mate i'm still laughing like 10 minutes later what a wanker cleaning of legals........... :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
love seeing cool and intersesting pieces, but i hate ****ty scribbled tags.
dunno how i'd feel if it happened on my wall, i guess it might depend on whether it was any good or not.
the the thing that ****s me most of all is when you see a really cool looking piece, like up beside a train line or something, and some rival crew (most likely a 13 year old who thinks they're hard) has tagged some abuse **** over the top of it

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
love seeing cool and intersesting pieces, but i hate ****ty scribbled tags.
dunno how i'd feel if it happened on my wall, i guess it might depend on whether it was any good or not.
the the thing that ****s me most of all is when you see a really cool looking piece, like up beside a train line or something, and some rival crew (most likely a 13 year old who thinks they're hard) has tagged some abuse **** over the top of it

couldnt agree more, damn those lil toy ass tagers to h**l

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i love graffiti but as julie put, grafiti artists not druged up taggers, there should be more areas designated for legal painting