Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Green Vb 202

vb_commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Commodore
Thanks guys.

Ive been pretty tempted to give up on it just lately but after the mechanic serviced it and gave it a once over he said it was in really good condition mechanically for its age and once I got a few minor things fixed it would be A1, and get it tuned properly while running on LPG. He also said that for what I could afford (SFA) i would just be buying a car that is another set of problems.

So Ive decided to stick with it and finish the project me and Dad started over three years ago and hopefully make it just that little bit more desirable by whacking a 308 in it. :)

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
GOOD to hear mate get some more pics UPDATED ones on here!!!!!!!!

vb_commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Commodore
Thanks for the reasurance.:)

Theres not really much to update looks or upgrade wise to warrant new pics just the odd chip in the paint :(:( and seat covers. Ohh and a burgandy steering wheel Ive painted beige but is flaking off majorly.

Will post more pics when Ive got something worthy of update pics.:)

vb_commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Commodore
Nah, I just got a spare parts interpreter apprenticeship so Ive only got a little bit of money to play with ATM.

I may well not have anything to update about for atleast a few months although its duel fuel and due for a LPG service pretty soon so I may be able to conceal that as an update. :p

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
yeah i conceal services and that sort of thing as updates to hide my slow progress haha. noone seems to mind that hehe. just as long as you keep the old girl going good its fine. weve got to keep our vbs going strong as theyre a dying breed!

vb_commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Commodore
Mmm yeah. I really want to get my arse into gear fix and up the stuff that needs doing then get a 308 and whack that in. Having said that, my funds are and will be limted for a while now...unless I win the lotto or my great Uncle Bob dies suddenly and leaves me his inheritance:p

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
i know the feeling with limited funds, it sucks eh? just means we have to be a bit more creative and resourceful

vb_commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Commodore
Ive saved up a bit of money over the last few months and have organised to replace the steering rack and brake master cylinder next Saturday.

I sold the Celica to one of the fellas at work so the VB is staying on the road indeffinatly, and wont be getting and engine conversion anytime soon:(

Probably about 6 months ago though I had a bit of a bingle and bent the front bar (under the chrome bumper) and passenger side guard. Now Ive become inspired to fix all this just recently and have decide to go all out and convert to a VH front end.

What will I need to do this?? both side guards, bonnet, the front bar thing that I mentioned above, grille and headlights/indicators??

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Leave it VB. Keep it stock.