Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Green VS Maloo

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Well !!!!! Are they really goin up that much = worth?
As posted before here a mate lives near me = met a few years ago at the nsw all Holden day = way into his Holden Commodores = owns 5 now= v2 monaro , vs iiii maloo e series clubsport and 2 earlier , vp , vn sedans .
He researchers this and keeps in contact .!!
He runs the vr/ vs maloo Facebook club and posted up no early maloos on Carsales.
1 just went for 13500 it was damaged .
Only 1 on gumtree $35 k.
They are starting to get to serious money = or people are just being stupid.
Don't totally care = as own 1!!!!
Except awear of =it highlights it's becoming sort after and = therefore worth a bit

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
At the end of the day nobody really knows whats gonna happen.

I sold my bog stock tired VN SS 15 years ago for $2500 and now they are pulling almost 30k. Nobody ever thought back then that a VN was going to be destined for anything other than scrap metal.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah I'm shocked at what they valued my vp ute at when it got sideswiped....no way I'd pay that kind of money for it lol

Always knew vn ss or vy ss ute or 6l vz ss utes would go up simply because most were written off or eventually trashed.

Maloo are like vh sle & certain other cars that are not mainstream in that it's smaller specific groups that are into them & they're into big time.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Who would have thought ( not even me) .
Threw some bad luck ( my vs s pack ute being written off) I'd end up owning this.
My thought process att was it's only got 85000km on it = drive it for 5 or 6 years = put 80000 to 100000 km on it and move it on with still under 200000km .
But !!!! I should of known I'd get attached .

The bonus is it's worth a bit( but it could be worth shxt again by the time I sell) = not that ,that matters l hopefully will have quadrupled my 8 year ownership of it and absolutely enjoyed owning and using.
As said before hopefully into the not too distant future a 355 and what hopefully is a slightly modified version of what HSV could have done = a GTS Maloo.
Now imagine the impact of that back in the mid 90s.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just got,a message from my brother in law
Dam !!!!!! , mother always said Skys stilll breathing ( a yap yap scotchish terrier)
Has been put down
She misses my dad but has latched onto Skys survival = ( her husband/ partener), as do l, = my confidand= (my. Dad)
Miss you every day,!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wow , how come it's soo long in between use= soooo much fun/ enjoyment.

After 3 months , Friday wash and need to move, as old mates picking up the work bench
Saturday use for shopping and chores.

Today club run out to Murray's brewery = what a hoot= absolutely loved the run home.

And then old mate picked up the home made English wheel ( still can't park the focus any further back throw = hope the new English wheel is good .
Need to now make a smaller / more usable welding/ fabrication bench

Did I mention what a great day and again/ a pleasure to use to use the Maloo
f9wvMJg.jpg

https%3A//i.imgur.com/QX4PUnJ.jpg[/img]']
https%3A//i.imgur.com/M68jui4.jpg[/img]']
https%3A//i.imgur.com/ThDnYcD.jpg[/img]']

No I'm not there , Off buying take away beer

https%3A//i.imgur.com/0fGZPRg.jpg[/img]']
https%3A//i.imgur.com/plA5UyG.jpg[/img]']

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'd love someone down here to organise a cruise but not enough Tassie members.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Lc torrie badonkadonk :p

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well !!! another use soo soon! What!!!
Photo = well because.

Yeah , midweek = I'm still not working = have made some money over the last few months ( = still in front)
Pink slip run = it's gonna be regoed again.
While I'm waiting for the rego/ brake test metal place ring ( your metals cut= ready)
Warm / humid = aircon still needs doing from last summer = dam warm in ute.

Then at a set of lights on the way home, idle drops , didn't/ wouldn't stall but won't take any load.
Lumps to the lights like a massive cam and no throttle.
Get it reving while waiting and still lumps around the corner, then clears and gets going ( in a 90km zone).
Pulled over after the 2or 3km and tried taking off = no problems, and not another issue through reasonably heavy traffic to home.
WTF= guessing fuel supply overheat = lack of pressure.

Because it never stopped = still enjoyable = sitting in a sea of mundane!!!!!!!!
At one intersection =beside a dual cab work ute ( after misbehave) young bloke = back seats going crazy = look , driver looks = not sure where they went = I'm enjoying again by then!!
Also again a young bloke brings metal out on a fork lift = nice ute , he waits / watches as I leave !
Why it's now not a daily.
And the steel plate for my new more useable welding/ fab bench.

And Unique cars December issue , Aussie/USA muscle car guide = maloo!!!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well it's not totally/really ute related except it was used to pick up parts and ( this) the end product will hopefully be used to work on /manufacture parts .

Way more useable for me anyway!!!

I had a 1500mm by 1500mm steel bench with a 26mm bench top I owned/ used when in Sydney, brought it up with me to newwy but it just never got used = so sold..
Thought process started with a folding steel bench attached to wall studs.
Evolved to mobile ( make my own frame to this.

1200mm x 800mm x 8 mm plate = 8 bolts welded to underside and a work platform drilled and bolted to it with 2 swivel carsters at 1 end on the underside.

=== mobile and takes up 800mm by about 200mm when folded and stored against a wall at an angle.
With bolts welded on and underside painted

Stand bolted on .

The right way up!!!!

Stored.