Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Grennan's G8 SSV Sportswagon!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
That's sucks about the speeding ticket mate, you got unlucky. At least you have the right attitude about it.

Planned mods sound good, I'm keen to see how you go with the engine bay cos I have more ideas for mine once the finances start flowing a bit more.

Ive been looking at Hydrodipping, few cool designs there. So ill sus them out. But I wanna go the Black Alloy/Colored peices.

I really want a set of those Edelbrock Coil Covers. But they take a little to fit and id rather just go engine covers.

But id like to go maybe a purple/black theme in the engine bay with maybe Purple Walls on the black wheels. Then black out the SS badges and with the SSV badge on the back do the red V purple and the chrome trim maybe black.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Hydro dipping with would look sweet, do some viking **** or something under there :p Same with the coil covers you have 12 months plenty of time for a little stuff around.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
In another stroke of good luck with me. Theres a building site round the corner and theyre lazy as ####. Picked up 2 rear tyres full of screws.

Yeah theres some good skull patterns, maybe I can find some Viking stuff.

Ahh man we have two ways out of out work and one is past some lazy as #### bumper repair place. I only went that way once. Tyres were full of screws.

Best of luck with your no licence time. Don't do what I did and go to the pub every night after work. It's pretty tempting when you're not driving LOL.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I really want a set of those Edelbrock Coil Covers. But they take a little to fit and id rather just go engine covers.

not that much to fit , just have to get a grinder or dremel and cut a small bit out around the booster on the driver side , left fits fine

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Will hydro dipping handle the heat in the bay ?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
If its done properly it should.

Needs to be sealed with a clear coat.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Ive been looking at Hydrodipping, few cool designs there. So ill sus them out. But I wanna go the Black Alloy/Colored peices.

But id like to go maybe a purple/black theme in the engine bay with maybe Purple Walls on the black wheels. Then black out the SS badges and with the SSV badge on the back do the red V purple and the chrome trim maybe black.

Oh yeah what parts would you hydrodip? Things like the fuse box cover and what not?

I've been checking out online prices of different fuel rails and then the fittings and hose to make it work. Ends up coming to around $380 from what I can find. Heaps of different brands of billet rails to and I don't wanna buy a cheap set that ends up being crap quality and foul something. As for colours I like the red/blue fittings but undecided on whether to go black or silver hose and then what colour rails.

Agreed about the Edelbrock covers I love them and don't mind making them fit. Seems easier than trying to remount the coil packs. I just don't have the $400 odd spare to get them.

Colour combo sounds good to, my mate has a black 2014 WRX and is looking to do some purple accents to it. I think it would look killer.