Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Group C VK

angobud1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
HI BRAD HAVE PICKED UP KIT CAN YOU SEND PICS TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS SHOWING FITTING OF FLARES THEY LOOK QUITE TRICKY SO ANY ADVICE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED MY ADDRESS IS [email protected]

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
HI BRAD HAVE PICKED UP KIT CAN YOU SEND PICS TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS SHOWING FITTING OF FLARES THEY LOOK QUITE TRICKY SO ANY ADVICE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED MY ADDRESS IS [email protected]

Hi mate, who did you get the kit from? Maybe you should check with them for mounting details.
These kits were originally built for racing with a limited life span. They were light and simply fitted as they inherantly got knocked off and damaged fairly readily. Using them on a road car requires a different approach in order that they dont crack and distort with the stress of everyday use.
This is a job that needs to be done by someone well qualified to be done well.
I really cant post you pictures that will show clearly what I do with them to achieve a good permanent fit.
However you need to decide if you are going to move your fuel filler? and then modify your rear 1/4 panels and tub the rear arches before making the flares to suit them.
Let me know if your supplier cant help and I will put some rough details together for you.
Cheers Brad

angobud1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
hi brad i got them privatly so there are no instructions what i am finding by holding them up to the car is that they dont run smoothly along panels do i file to suit or is there a rubber molding which goes between the flare and the panel . i was thinking of moving the fuel filler to the boot and leaving external fuel cap where it is .also cutting the guards to accomodate the larger wheels thanks for returning my messages i appreciate it heaps im in a small country town so expert help is hard to come by if you could put some details together that would be unreal. thanks glen

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
The wait for my rims is almost over. They are now sitting in a frieght yard 400 km's away over Easter and due to be shipped to my door first thing next week. The whole body kit is on, lined up and secured. The final job list is getting shorter and really all that is left is final engine bay wiring to complete, brakes and clutch to bleed up and the wheels and tyres to go on.
I hope to fire it up in the next couple of weeks and get the engineers certification finalised and test drive the Group C Blue Meanie finally.
Photo's will follow the first test drive.

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
Wheels arrived today, They look better than the Simmons I bought a few years ago for my Posche and way better in real life than the pictures I had of them originally. The offset I spec'd for them is perfect and the 315x30x18" P-Zero's and 265x35x18's are the perfect size for the rims too.
Bled up the brakes and clutch today and my sparky is coming in tomorrow to drop off the new battery leads and finish the engine bay wiring.
Called the engineer today and he is coming in next week to finalise the certification.
I will set up the adjustable suspension now to the final ride height with the new rims and tyres and get ready to Register the GroupC in the next few weeks.

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
Brakes bled up perfectly, Hyd clutch bled up and works perfectly. The clutch operation is really light even with the heavy duty clutch kit. It couldnt have worked out better and will be so much nicer to drive especially around the city. Powered up the dash tonight, accelerator cable is in, the big arse Group C exhaust tip is made up and weled on. All fluids are in and I am making up a custom, shorter, shifter lever to position it closer to my prefered driving position. Driveshaft is being balanced and will be in with new gearbox seal on Thursday.
Waiting for the speed cable to arrive from Dellow this week and I will do some odd little finishing jobs this week
Saturday will be the day, I will get oil pressure up and run the engine.

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
looks nice mate! i not really a fan of the flares on the vk but thats just my opinion. is that nelson vic? im from mount gambier! i just started my vk project!

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
Nah mate, Nelson in New Zealand.
Not a fan of the flares on the VK? Since the day HDT rolled the dayglo VK Big Banger out onto the track I did'nt think there was anybody who did not like them. Good luck with your VK.

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
piks... _______-