Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GTA 4 Help

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
youll probley find playing online in free mode seasion alot of tools cheat, just a warining... it might kill ur fun, so pick another mode in online where it cant happen..

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
I played it though just fine on my e6600 (other than it overheating my vid card), although it is a tad overclocked.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Haven't had a chance to try online mode yet... because my broadband has been taken back to 56kb... too much downloading... its' amazing how quickly 90gb is used up... :p

50LTRv8

Yeah... I'm running everything stock...

Didn't manage to get that tweek I was talking about working as it should...

Have to have more of a fiddle...

I did get a cracked version of the launch.exe so it doesn't run that securom or whatever... that gave me a few fps...

It's mainly the driving that causes issue... it runs good... but it just doesn't feel smooth... it's not chugging... just... doesn't feel right...

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Jesterarts: Another thing you'll have to keep in mind is most quad core designed motherboards have 8pin cpu power instead of 4, so budget for a decent power supply as well. I recommend the Corsair HX620 for the sweet spot in price vs. performance.

The i7 920, the 6gb of elixir, and EX58-DS4 motherboard set me back $1111 in a bundle in January, maybe spend your ruddbux on an upgrade? :)

cdtoaster

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
have you been updating your gfx drivers and shiz? i've completed the game and played around lots in my spare time and ever had any of the long load time or running slow issues people mention.
im running E8200 stock, 8800GT OC, 4GB 800mhz ddr2 ram, vista 64bit and gta iv version 1.0 (or whatever un patched release is) running it at 1680x1050 medium textures high render quality

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah I upgraded my power supply earlier this year so I have like an 820W one of something silly like that.

Already spent my krudd money, gfx card, shoes, books, jeans, wallet... 900 doesn't buy much these days... :p

Yeah I have the latest drivers... the beta one that everyone says is GTA optimised.

I think because you have the e8200 processor, thats why you're not having issues... as it seems that GTA relies very heavily on the CPU...

And apparently Vista 64bit runs it better...

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Jesterarts: Another thing you'll have to keep in mind is most quad core designed motherboards have 8pin cpu power instead of 4, so budget for a decent power supply as well. I recommend the Corsair HX620 for the sweet spot in price vs. performance.

The i7 920, the 6gb of elixir, and EX58-DS4 motherboard set me back $1111 in a bundle in January, maybe spend your ruddbux on an upgrade? :)

Again the processor is NOT the issue, it has to be something else.

I bet if you ran task manager in the background you would see it is not near %100 usage.

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
It's CPU. GTA4 spreads out across 5/8 virtual cores on my i7, each one quite active.

So it's not processor speed, it's the amount of cores that help the game along.

I've benchmarked this myself, trust me. :)

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
^^^ yeah... thats why it runs better on a q6600 compared to a e6600... same 2.4Ghz speed... just more cores to play with...

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
Haven't had a chance to try online mode yet... because my broadband has been taken back to 56kb... too much downloading... its' amazing how quickly 90gb is used up... :p

50LTRv8

Yeah... I'm running everything stock...

Didn't manage to get that tweek I was talking about working as it should...

Have to have more of a fiddle...

I did get a cracked version of the launch.exe so it doesn't run that securom or whatever... that gave me a few fps...

It's mainly the driving that causes issue... it runs good... but it just doesn't feel smooth... it's not chugging... just... doesn't feel right...

i might download the game and let you know if it runs well on the q6600, because i do still get a bit of lag with this cpu, and ive got a 3870x2 so graphics card shouldnt be a problem.

plus the game looks fun and i want it anyway this is just another excuse to download it lol :D