Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Guide to New Lead Install For VN SS 5.0L

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Follow number one cylinder lead to the distributor cap. It starts from number one lead (inclusive) in a clockwise direction. Lead order 1,2,7,8,4,5,6,3

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt clubsport replica
yeh didnt really answer my question but i worked it out, lead one goes after the cap clip..

thanks anway

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt clubsport replica
yeh the firing order is written on the manifold and it is 12784563 but my question was where was one on the dizzy cap, no use following the lead from no.1 spark plug as the car was f**cked around with before i got it, so i replaced everything in the ignition system and was wanting to verify where one started on the dizzy cap, before or after the clip for the cap. i worked out it is after the clip..

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
ahh i know wat ya mean i got the same pic from greenfoam a lil while ago 2 do tha same thing. The pic posted and how the dizzy sits was different 2 how mine was sittin in position, so basically where number 1 lead is in the pic i had 2 put the number 3 lead there, or mayb it was number 2 but neways it didnt show the starting point lol.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i know its an old thread but this came up when i was searching i know what the firing order is, but where does it start on the cap is it before or after the clip?

actually, you could start No:1 anywhere on the cap as long as you follow the correct firing order and obviously line up the rotor to suit. from memoey i started No:1 a litle further around then shown in that drawing andi don't have any of hte leads crossing another around the cap like the No:8 lead does in the above diagram

larry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 5.0 litre
would this order apply to a vr ss as well???? been trying to find it but keep getting conflicting info :)