Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn ss stalling hard to start

Evlas

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
team im at my wits end , VN ss Manual , everytime i come off higher revs "eg cruising at 100k's coming up to a stop/intersection hit the clutch the revs drop cars stalls ,its fine rolling around 50k areas etc only on open roads type stuff, also starts straight up when cold but after you drive it can take a good 5/7secs of winding to start it. So far i've replaced , plugs , coil, complete dizzy, leads, fuel pump & filter, map, idle control valve, & check for vaccum leak found nothing ,, any ideas???????????

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
we once did a 304 conversation and didn't connect the vss that would stall as the clutch went in. Does the speedo work if no look at the vss?

Evlas

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
we once did a 304 conversation and didn't connect the vss that would stall as the clutch went in. Does the speedo work if no look at the vss?
thanks mate speedo works so dunno if thats the issue

Having A Break

Reaction score
Members Ride
Goggomobile
Check that your FPR (reg.) isn't leaking.
Pull the vac. line off and check for fuel dribble.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
if you haven't all ready cleaned the throttle body clean it while you decide if you changing the module on the inner guard . I used to have a few of them to swap and see if they made any difference once or twice they were the cause of stalling. my mate went thru 3 2nd hand modules before he brought a new gm module and drove the car for another 7 years no problems

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV XU8, FORD TERRORIST
A faulty TPS can display similar symptoms.

Reactions: Lex