Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gunnazz SSV.

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
Hey mate very nice ute

Do you happen to know the rev range of your cam??

Gunnazz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Also for anyone thats interested hears a couple of photos from the build. I don't have any of the completed engine bay, I'm currently doing some dress up mods. Once the madness that is known as Xmas is over I will spend some time getting everything back together and chuck some more photos up.

IMG_0924-1.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
Cheers mate, No I don't know the exact range but with my set up, the power seems to really come on hard at 3-3500 rpm and doesn't stop until redline.

Ok no probs man what's it like on the street as like a weekend warrior

Gunnazz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Tough :rofl2:

Seriously though the tune is what makes it, I hate driving it in traffic but on the open road or normal light driving its great. My fuel consumption is a touch high at 20L per 100 but I'm not too worried about that side of things. Its all personal opinion though some guys would say its undrivable and others would say its totally fine. It took me a couple of weeks to get used to driving it, I wasn't happy at first the only thing I liked was the idle. After a re tune and some time its grown on me. Now I love it, My advise would be try and find a car that has the SR II cam or similar and go for a good drive to see what you think.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
nice ride mate! my cam isn't as big but have made it lumpy as and did lose the driveability down low, got a new diff with 3.7 ratio in it and so much nicer to drive down low, didn't really make the revs increase heaps on highway only 200 - 300 or so, stopped 4th from labouring and can use 6th doing about 85 - 90 now used to be 110 lol

so that may be an option if ya got the funds man

Gunnazz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thanks mate, You've got one hell of a ride yourself, would love to whack a supercharger on mine. That would fix any low down torque issues :cool:

Thanks for the advise on the diff, I'm still looking into it but a ratio change is definitely on the cards. Did you buy a second hand HSV diff and bolt it up or did you change the center of your original?

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Thanks mate, You've got one hell of a ride yourself, would love to whack a supercharger on mine. That would fix any low down torque issues :cool:

Thanks for the advise on the diff, I'm still looking into it but a ratio change is definitely on the cards. Did you buy a second hand HSV diff and bolt it up or did you change the center of your original?

haha thanks man, the supercharger does fix a few things :p

to make it easy I got a complete diff was a straight bolt in basically, still kept my standard one just encase

as vz ss posted that's the one I got, was a bit cheaper back then