Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gunnazz SSV.

Gunnazz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
So after putting it off for quite a number of weeks, I'm finally motivated to work on the car again. I was feeling a bit burnt out with it for what ever reason :hmmm:

Anyways I've been slowly getting the engine bay looking the way I want and trying to clean up some of the mess.

So far I have rerouted the heater hoses, repainted the OTR and intake, rerouted my fuel lines as it was rubbing and fitted a new Aeroflow P/S reservoir.

Next I will be fitting a catch can ( found a lot of oil in the intake when it was removed ) some coil covers and some more wiring hiding etc.

IMG_1057.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Looks good mate, if you could run then hoses going over the throttle body underneath, it would look "neat".

Gunnazz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Some more messing around today with the car.

I was looking at ways to hide the hoses that run over the top of the throttle body. Seeing that I can't leave well enough alone I decided that I would remove the canister purge solenoid and put it some were out of the way. I had read that a lot of the guys is the US move it to behind the fuse box. That would still leave the problem of the hoses looking all messy sitting on the manifold/throttle body. I ended up putting it down behind the Ac line on the passenger side, I rewired the plug so that it would reach and used 3/8 trans cooler line to connect the solenoid to the throttle body and the vent line on the fire wall.

I also put in a catch can, I found a lot of oil in the intake when I took it off so it will be interesting to see how much it catches over the next month or so.

Next I'm thinking I will get some black braided hose cover to give it a bit more of a cleaner look and get a set of coil covers.

IMG_1102.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1101.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1104.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

makazin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Car looks unreal mate. How'd you find the service at GM Motorsport?

vess08

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
About your catch can? Did you just block off the port back into the throttle bottle or did you also plumb that back into the can?

Gunnazz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Car looks unreal mate. How'd you find the service at GM Motorsport?

Cheers mate! Its been over 12 months since I've been to GM Motorsport but when I was dealing with them they were very professional and patient with all the questions I had for them. I have all there products, Ripshift, Ramjet and one of there cam grinds, Can't recommend them enough. The MAF tune they did was unreal and made the car amazing to drive. Unfortunately I live in SA now so am unable to get back to them otherwise Id still be going there.