Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hard braking in a manual

SonOfSam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Series II
my ve has a smooth pedal even under hard braking, is the shudder really fast or would you estimate it to be about the same speed as the wheels rotating? warped rotors maybe? just saying it may not be your abs

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
You're not feeling brake shudder are you?

Android

Reaction score
Website
www.androidsnetwork.com
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY9.5
The main differance between Brake shudder and the ABS kicking in is pretty huge.
If your doing 80 and stand on the brakes, the pedal will pulse quite hard, moving about a cm in and out and the car would come to a stop.
Brake shudder is more like a soft pulsing of the pedal while using the brakes. It could be a warped disc moving the pads back and forth in the calipers forcing fluid back to the pedal, hence the pedal pulsing.
One of the reasons why cars, well, actually drivers with ABS have accidents is becasue as soon as they feel the pedal starting to pulse, they back off the brakes - when they should stay standing on it.
Just FYI, I tested my old car, an '01 Vectra, in the rain doing 80 on an unused road, the car stopped within around 10 metres.
Have yet to test the VE....

I hope this helps.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Just FYI, I tested my old car, an '01 Vectra, in the rain doing 80 on an unused road, the car stopped within around 10 metres.

I dont believe you. Sorry.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
The main differance between Brake shudder and the ABS kicking in is pretty huge.
If your doing 80 and stand on the brakes, the pedal will pulse quite hard, moving about a cm in and out and the car would come to a stop.
Brake shudder is more like a soft pulsing of the pedal while using the brakes. It could be a warped disc moving the pads back and forth in the calipers forcing fluid back to the pedal, hence the pedal pulsing.
One of the reasons why cars, well, actually drivers with ABS have accidents is becasue as soon as they feel the pedal starting to pulse, they back off the brakes - when they should stay standing on it.
Have yet to test the VE....

I hope this helps.

Lol what??? 10 meters? Are you blind?

Formula 1 cars go from 100kp/h to stopped in 15 meters, and I highly doubt your Vectra has Carbon Ceramic brakes.