Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hard starting?

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
slip ring failure means

the code is not beinjg read by the slip ring
the signal goes through they key thats what the slip ring is for

take ONE key blade out and sand where it attaches with the remote (lightly so is clean)
reassemble and try again
if that fixes it then repeat to other key

if it doesnt fix it i suspect the memory section inside your key is playing up
try a locksmith or holden and get ONE new remote head fitted and programmed

if this doesnt fix it you have eliminated keys as a cause

unless the slip ring has been fitted incorrectly then a new one eliminates that (incorrectly like the metal on it should touch the key when in on position the ball bit on remote head)

if the slip ring is fitted correclty and key isnt at fault (which i think it is) then this leaves the bcm and the wiring from the reader to the bcm) more ouchies

butlike i said i reckon its your keys either battery died (age and coincidence) or memory board losing memory

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Thanks, DB. I just did what you suggested to one key and it seemed to be working ok, bot then had trouble starting again. I'll just give it a couple of days of normal driving/starting and see what happens.

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
Thanks, DB. I just did what you suggested to one key and it seemed to be working ok, bot then had trouble starting again. I'll just give it a couple of days of normal driving/starting and see what happens.

right the battery im talking about powers your remote inside of it...
if its nearly dead replace it.

yeah more money to spend but if you replaced the slip ring, key head and still does it is going to be something more expensive

Marco59

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs sv6
Tried both keys, same thing. Seems to fire for a second and then stop, turn key off/on a couple of times and if I'm lucky it'll start. I wiped the ring on the ignition barrell with my finger before, maybe armour all on it? I dunno, waiting to get hold of a multimeter and check out as above post says. Tearing my hair out.
Have been researching on this forum and have come up with possible:
;CAS
;Coil packs
;Bad earth
;Key signal, as you say
;DFI.
Still open to any more suggestions. Have checked all vaccuum hoses etc, starter motor wiring, swapped engine start relay.
Try a new slip ring,I had the same issue and it wasn't reading the key.