Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hardest Work?

GLD-086

Reaction score
Plumbing.

I had to dig a trench, in 40 degree heat and do all kind of shitty helping work.

My first day I got up at about 5.30am and took the 45 minute drive to work and didn't get home, until 7 that night.

For my next job, I want to do something a little less physical.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
retail over the counter support. physically, its nothing, mentally ZOMG!

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
Worst job i had was produce farm.
Worked in packing shed stacking pallets with boxes of carrots and potatoes.
The boxes of carrots were 20Kg and the sack of potatoes were about 16 or 20kg and you would stack them about 6 foot high on a pallet for 8 hours a day, doing about a box every 15 secs at the end of a sorting machine.
My lower back aches just thinking about it... i tell ya doing that for 40 years would do some serious damage.
I did a 64 hour week once... nearly died.
After that i decided cushy jobs were for me... Department store, bank and lastly insurance call centre.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Cutting and humping(don't laugh) 100+kg bunches of bananas in the pouring rain.
Also, for sh*ts and giggles, try stickpicking for a week. You'll feel muscles you never knew existed.

Outlaw Torn

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 FORD EA Falcon (So sue me)
have to be my current job....beekeeping. Coming up to the worst part of the season, harvesting. Out around beehives in the middle of the day, wearing jeans, jumper, 2 pairs of overalls and Veil for 8 hrs a day.
Then mother nature decides to be a bitch and send forth the bees, ass first.

Saphron picking would be next.
IMHO, fencing is a favourite, i dont know why, i just like doing it.

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
anyone doing any picking of any kind i will salute its fukd

i did cherry picking and berries at this one farm as a lead up till christmas NEVER AGAIN apart from the no escaping the sun (even with cream on getting burnt) and the down low one min on the tree then up high the next and the pay rate :( just no way will i do it again

we were also picking thorned raspberries i didnt even know they existed i kept getting in **** cause i moved to the non thorned :p

then there was leaflet drops ok not bad pay 1000 = $50 cash but only near christmas as well scorching days or freezing rain eeep

then some of the areas you do ahhhrrrggg no place for a 16 yr old (back then) my mate came with me and he got mugged for his shoes in st albans bahahaha

and the job that well and truely took the cake bakery and the nexzt 6 shops either side was at PATONS maccadamia (cant spell today) factory

first hour was easy sorting nuts then i get called over to "mix the toffee mm yumm your all thinking im sure but let me ask you this how long do you think a 6ft 3 75kgs caucasion male can mix.....

2000 ltrs of toofee

at 300+ degrees celcius

mixing in 5kgs of nuts every 30 seconds

expected to mix at about 200 then 5 mins at 400 then 200 again RPM

answer = NOT FUKN LONG

i left within 20 mins of mixing thats a job for 3 maoris at once not a lil guy like me the guy who tought me was a massive islander and said why the fuk did they put you in here for but my boss disagreed she thought anyone could do it and i was just sooking

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
Haha... always love the people up top who have never worked a day in their lives telling you how to do a shitkicker job... haha.

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
hahaah i made her try then gave her more than an earfull walking out the door

good thing was there my supervisor (unknown to my boss) was a ghood mates mum from bowling :D

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Would have to be for me cabling.

Running in CAT5 cabling through ceilings. Its a fun job i can tell you. The amount of dust up there is unbelieveable. Not to mention that during winter, you're already sweating from lugging the cable rolls up 5 flights of stairs then in the roof, heating vents are ripped so the lazy employee's have the room downstairs heated to 25, but in the ceiling its nudging close to 35 (checked with thermometer) Contorting around water pipes, ceiling hangers, exposed power cables for 8 hours...you sweat and the dust sticks to you and by the end of the day, when you've run in 100+ cables you've ended going up and down the ladder 3 times as many times to reposition it.

Next hardest just for the pure stress factor is running in Fibre Optics....cant bend the stuff. I remember one saturday was doing a 10 storey run, boss was pulling the cable from riser to riser. But it wasnt just 1 Fibre, it was
1 Fibre
1 100 Pair
2 Cat 5
2 Cat 6

And it does what it wants, and i didnt feel like having to explain why we'd have to start again :D

Oh...and tag telephone frames give you a nice electric shock when somebody rings a line and you happen to be brushing past it...or my favourite stupid thing i did...put a 50 pair cable end in my teeth to hold it, while i was tying other cables on..forgetting it was already hooked up, so i got 50 shocks on my tongue....like putting a battery on, but worse