Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Harmonic balancer replacement cost?

P

Pauldw500

So my air con stopped working last night so took it to the air con guy. Just picked up as its thrown the belt and he showed me how the balancer was wabbling, too big of a job for him.... Can't seem to find a price anywhere and Holden ain't answering their phone...

(last bit a joke... :D)

Any pointers guys?

P

Pauldw500

OK I can get it swapped out for $200 labour. Apparently I need a puller and don't have one or I'd give it a go myself.

Sooooo... just pricing parts and can get the balancer for $215 but see the bolt for $90... do you replace both?

Also do I need anything else?

Advice much appreciated...

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
A couple hours labour sounds about right. Also needs an alignment tool to fit it back nice and square. I would definitely replace the bolt, assuming $90 is for an ARP not stock. Stock bolts are like $40 retail

P

Pauldw500

A couple hours labour sounds about right. Also needs an alignment tool to fit it back nice and square. I would definitely replace the bolt, assuming $90 is for an ARP not stock. Stock bolts are like $40 retail
This mechanic is $80ph so much of a much. He can't fit me in till the 15th and know I'll not survive without aircon till then... o_O

Oh and is this worthwhile?
Screenshot_20210302-124239_Samsung Internet.jpg

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
That's an amazing ph price. Personally I wouldn't bother with an underdrive setup, I've used a few over the years and you don't really notice much aside maybe a handful of hp on a dyno. Real world there's nothing to write home about

P

Pauldw500

That's an amazing ph price. Personally I wouldn't bother with an underdrive setup, I've used a few over the years and you don't really notice much aside maybe a handful of hp on a dyno. Real world there's nothing to write home about
Pity it didn't include the bolt... :D

This right hey?... I have a L76..
Screenshot_20210302-135335_eBay.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Buy a Powerbond balancer. I've used Engine Pro and I'm not sure they are very good quality. I had one only last 1 - 2 years. I have another the same but only because Powerbond were about $100 more.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
+1 Powerbond, with a quick look the Powerbond stock replacement I found for $235 and the Race Balancer was $395.
They were the first prices I found, there may well be better with a decent search.
1666E3B5-D903-48B2-9F15-5EE33849A61E.jpeg

Last edited: