Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has anyone noticed this for VE

Deathinabox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2006 Holden Commodore
I wanted to put genuine rear park assist kit (sensors) in my VE SV6 series 1 variant 77 2006 Commodore but when I looked up my owners manual where with switch is meant to go there is already my stability switch there?? In the manual it is very strange as it does not single out a particular model VE hence it literally contradicts itself. Page 1 it says that the stability switch (L) and the sports shifter switch (R) are side by side just in front of auto gear stick and then on page 4 it says park assist switch (L) is side by side next to sports shifter switch (R) just in front of gear stick. So sorry but what the???
Has anyone else noticed this as I want to use dash information panel for its programming which it says it has for example if I have tow bar or not etc. ps sorry if I’m in the wrong place again I find this site very helpful from you guys but where I’m suppose to ask Q etc I find really confusing. It’s taken me half an hour just to find this section where I could hopefully show pictures of what I’m trying to say. So thank u for your understanding I’m sorry. I would really like to know what you all think.
Take care

Deathinabox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2006 Holden Commodore
Sorry hope these pics can link somehow with what I wrote about two switched being in the same spot on centre dash as my first message pics did not work. I’ll try this and if no luck I’ll give up.
B314600A-1E7C-455A-928B-6921BE9262E9.jpeg

E7A3AE6B-69D2-4687-9080-19761424B37A.jpeg

45983125-F0E7-4B05-A373-BCF33A847CFB.jpeg
E270C49E-6EAE-431B-80D2-37CA6A682FEE.jpeg
0B47DBF8-3505-49C3-A2BF-224BC421522B.jpeg

Sorry if messed all this up, but I would really like to know what you all think?? And help me to understand.
Thanks everybody

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
If you don't have factory sensors, you have two buttons, if you have factory sensors, you have three. It's not model dependent. There is fine print in the manual that says "if fitted" (ie, if your car has parking sensors fitted from the factory.)

If you want to add factory sensors and have the factory look inside, you'll have to change to the three button setup.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Series 1 had the three buttons. Sports mode, stability and park sensors if it was built with them.

There are two types of reverse sensors. There is a unswitched passive set that is a dealer option for the rear only. They can be bought as a kit.

Then there is the factory sensors which are part of the entire harness. They are fitted to the front and rear. Not added by the dealer. They are part of the car from manufacture and can’t be added in. That is where the button is used.

V6 Calais and SV6 had the three button set up. Series 1.5 and 2 had a two button arrangement (Parking and stability) with the introduction of the 6 speed auto and the sports mode was removed.

Your manual would be refers g to non dealer option sensors found in Calais and similar.