Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has it been mafless tuned?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
easy enough just to disable the maf in the tune anyway and keep it all connected so it looks legit, no stuffing around with wires at all...

Justinaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv L98 '06
Oh man I couldn't agree more .. there is no need to even remove the maf sensor wire to begin with? Its only an adjustment in the "MIL" table to disable it .. And do you know what those codes mean ? If not I'm happy to pass on what I can help you with brother !
why oh why do they cut the ####ing wire?!? it takes 30 seconds to remove the wire and pin from the plug and then should you ever decide to put it back in... just slide the pin back into the plug and job done.

Justinaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv L98 '06
Ok…. Now I am happy to be corrected but … I suggest that it has not received a MAF less tune or it they have not done it correctly, simply removing the wire (I think its the purple one from memory) will bring up your P0102 code (circuit low input/disconnected).
The other codes refer to 02 sensors overheated (and again I'm happy to be corrected) but with extractors/intake could be the cause of this and again this should have been addressed at the tuners workshop if infact it ever made it there to start with.
Good tunes aint cheap and even with my limited knowledge from a slowly but surely approach on my own vehicle it's worth every penny taking it to a reputable tuning shop.
Hope that helps some buddy

Shauno-81

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.0L VE Calais-V.
Ok…. Now I am happy to be corrected but … I suggest that it has not received a MAF less tune or it they have not done it correctly, simply removing the wire (I think its the purple one from memory) will bring up your P0102 code (circuit low input/disconnected).
The other codes refer to 02 sensors overheated (and again I'm happy to be corrected) but with extractors/intake could be the cause of this and again this should have been addressed at the tuners workshop if infact it ever made it there to start with.
Good tunes aint cheap and even with my limited knowledge from a slowly but surely approach on my own vehicle it's worth every penny taking it to a reputable tuning shop.
Hope that helps some buddy

Good feed back mate and I happen to agree with you.. Although I was told it had a mafless tune was and yeah I should probably give the dyno mob a call, I was unsure as to why they were not rectified there and then. (If there was a there and then). Although the question on my mind is, would you get 250rwkw without a mafless tune? I wouldn't have thought so but maybe so. I got the car for a great price hence not caring too much about the codes, (obviously the codes not being life threatening) it wasn't a big issue. Guess the next step now is to take it in, have the issues fixed and the codes cleared once and for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justinaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv L98 '06
250 rwkw should be reached … excuse me for being slack for not going to your earlier posts but your running a L98 engine? But I suppose without taking it to a reputable tuner with dyno any figure in regards to power could be anywhere!.. The best thing about taking it to a good tuner with dyno is the satisfaction that you know the last owners crap is fixed and you have the assurance that what the car makes power wise is what it makes . But first and fore most you get rid of that bloody engine light on the dash , that in itself is worth every cent . Good luck buddy and again anything I can help with just ask away ..
Good feed back mate and I happen to agree with you.. Although I was told it had a mafless tune was and yeah I should probably give the dyno mob a call, I was unsure as to why they were not rectified there and then. (If there was a there and then). Although the question on my mind is, would you get 250rwkw without a mafless tune? I wouldn't have thought so but maybe so. I got the car for a great price hence not caring too much about the codes, (obviously the codes not being life threatening) it wasn't a big issue. Guess the next step now is to take it in, have the issues fixed and the codes cleared once and for all.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Mines mafless, the maf warning is disabled but with a scantool the maf low voltage light code is there. As long as the tune is adjusted correctly it should be fine - however with an engine warning light tells me it hasn't been done right - unless there's other codes.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Mines mafless, the maf warning is disabled but with a scantool the maf low voltage light code is there. As long as the tune is adjusted correctly it should be fine - however with an engine warning light tells me it hasn't been done right - unless there's other codes.
thats correct the maf is failed but not deleted so it brings up the code then u just stop the code from showing, with the engine in the ve now days the maf is fine and not a restriction like it use to be...

Shauno-81

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.0L VE Calais-V.
250 rwkw should be reached … excuse me for being slack for not going to your earlier posts but your running a L98 engine? But I suppose without taking it to a reputable tuner with dyno any figure in regards to power could be anywhere!.. The best thing about taking it to a good tuner with dyno is the satisfaction that you know the last owners crap is fixed and you have the assurance that what the car makes power wise is what it makes . But first and fore most you get rid of that bloody engine light on the dash , that in itself is worth every cent . Good luck buddy and again anything I can help with just ask away ..

Sorry mate yeah VE Calais v. L98

Justinaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv L98 '06
yeah bro I got the same unfortunately the L98 and E38 chomputer are a bastard to tune compared to the other LS series motors (due to lack of that combination apparently).. but in saying that and I'm no expert but having "zero" fault codes and "zero" dash lights is very achievable ..and very easily especially compared to tuning that motor …. Again anything I can help with just ask buddy
Sorry mate yeah VE Calais v. L98