Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Has the VL Calais / berlina / commodore passion finally ended in 2013 ?

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Thread has now become a "buy my turbo VL thread"

holden1995

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 Toyota Lexcen T4 CSi
my sister has a series 1 VL calais completely stock, she loves her car more than anything, my dad has a VL V8 calais wagon, one of the a9y he bought off some guy before i was born and he cherishes it more than me (damn car nut familys) my sister had to get the pop up lights replaced and she cant find any, and the ones she can find are worth 1000+ in crap condition. i dont know anyone my age buying vl's as their first cars, and the ones who do are all like "wallah bro skyline rb30 engine kebab fully sick" so im pretty sure the generation is dying. everyone is buying the vr and vs commodores now.

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Mines only an SL but i wont ever sell it. Too many dollars put into it and wont ever get my money back. Plus its a wagon so its sorta unique in a way. Not every tom dick and harry has one lol

Cam 'the VL' Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL
i think the craze has definitely ended. as they get older it takes a special kind of person to maintain a car of that age. but for me i dont think ill be getting rid of my car soon. when you put so much effort time and money into something for it to appreciate little in value you may as well keep it.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
when you put so much effort time and money into something for it to appreciate little in value you may as well keep it.

That's why I'm getting rid of mine now, because as much as I want to put the time, money & effort into it (which I do), it's just not financially practical for me right now, I think that's why a lot of people don't want VL's because you pretty much have to throw about $3,000 into them depending on the condition, to make it a decent streeter. That's probably a high figure but I'm talking, say, buying a standard NA and putting in turbo gear, inj's, ecu, exhaust, fixing the body, disc rear, maybe rims, all the minor stuff that's perished etc

derjizm

www.F2thaK.com
Reaction score
Website
www.F2thaK.com
Members Ride
'86 VL Berlina RB30E
LOVE my VL....... Countless $$$ and time invested. Spent around 10k already I think including cost price, maybe even more. Ive hardly touched the engine which needs a rebuild, so more to come! Or is it more to go?