Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Have a bit of an issue with my LPG conversion, need some guidances

Dobwolf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina 2004
So I have a Holden Berlina VY V6 3.8 Cyl

Recently the car hesitates whenever I accelerate, in petrol, the engine will sustain itself and not stall, but with LPG it stalls.

So my friend who's a mechanic helped me out and replaced all 6 spark plugs and got rid of all the hesitation on petrol and it drives like a new car, but with LPG, initially it was fine, but after a few days, it chokes again and let the engine stalls.

So if all the hesitation is gone while on petrol but still occurs while using LPG. Does that mean the LPG is in need of a tune up? or is there some other things I need to look out for?

UPDATE: After a few more days of driving, once my car accelerates from 60 to 100km/h, the hesitation starts :(, so I assume that I have yet to narrow it down to just LPG system

Last edited:

statey1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman
Yeah an LPG service should help, also make sure there's enough coolant in the system. Generally, LPG systems need coolant flowing through the converter otherwise it will freeze up.

If you haven't already, you might also want to replace your spark plug leads, LPG needs a nice strong spark.

Depending on the LPG system installed, you could also have trouble with your O2 sensors. The injected LPG systems constantly attempt to "tune" themselves so if it's getting a dodgy reading from the O2 sensors, it could be affecting it's ability to adjust.

Dobwolf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina 2004
Would it be wise to sort out with the petrol fuel system first, get rid of all the weird hesitations and then moving on to LPG service?

I will check on my coolant, I've recently changed my radiator and added brand new coolant fluid.
Thank you so much for the reply :)

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
check your rubber hose for any split or dislodged hose , the hose running to the evap soleniod from the throttle body is prone to blowing off under back fire which can cause your issue too , spray around the injector seals with carby clean to check these too .
what brand of LPG system is intstalled .