Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Having Trouble Tuning My System

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
Yes, the KAC-9405 is only running my front splits. I was contemplating running the rears off this as well but it's been running the fronts now for months. No issues I can see. Are you certain that it's only a 1 ohm load?

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
Yes, 1 speaker for each channel. I just swapped it so that both speakers run off one of the channels of the amp. Doesn't really sound much different so maybe safer to leave it this way. I may have been creating 1 ohm like you said.

Thanks for the advise.

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
but the amp has 4 channels?

so, not "1 speaker for each channel"

2 channels aren't being used then?

so, the splits are getting about 90watts each.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
if you open the boot, do the subs sound louder? which way are the subs facing? you may be experiencing cancelation.. just a thought..

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
depending which way the subs face will depend on how/where the sound waves intercept each other after reflecting of the boot. if they are intercepting when one peak the other -peak, the sound is essentially cancelled out.

which is why some setups sound louder with the boot open, there is no reflected wave to cancel out the sound.

EDIT: heres the webpage with pics. http://montecarloforum.com/forum/in...-sealing-off-trunk-question-25966/#post295425 and another http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showth...-boot-or-cabin&p=637592&viewfull=1#post637592

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
if you open the boot, do the subs sound louder? which way are the subs facing? you may be experiencing cancelation.. just a thought..

He only has one sub.....

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
regardless, you can still have cancelation with 1 sub. its not limited to only 2+ subs, its the sound reflection in the boot.
yes with 2 subs you can have them out of phase, but thats not what im talking about.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Hahaha... The advice givers don't know anything about sub-bass cancellation in sedans :rolleyes:

Read this and/or this and get some experience with it. I've heard it in several cars and it's quite noticeable but not bad enough to be the original poster's issue.