Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
My headlights are horribly dim. No, it's not the lenses, they've been polished and are clear. I live in the bush and need good headlights so I can spot the stupid kamikaze roos before they go through my windscreen. My high beams aren't too bad, but my low beams are so bad that when I put them on, passengers almost always ask "are your lights on?"
I have bought different globes, but they all seem pretty similar. I'm happy to shell out $50 for a really good pair of globes, but I'm reluctant to do so without photos for me to see, or at the very least, confident recommendations, because I've bought ones that are supposedly "super bright" before and they've been no better than what I had.

I want to instantly incinerate the retinas of every oncoming driver that hasn't dipped their lights and scorch the long grass on the side of the road by merely driving past. I want nearby farmers to phone the local paper to report the alien space craft that just flew past their property and for people three towns away to think a meteorite is about to hit them.

2001 SII VX Berlina. Any recommendations? Photos would be awesome.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Bumping up wattage significantly can be highly damaging to the plastic lenses. You’d be better off trying to install an LED light bar on the front.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Bumping up wattage significantly can be highly damaging to the plastic lenses. You’d be better off trying to install an LED light bar on the front.
Not to mention the wiring won't handle 100/130s without a patch harness installed.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
For some reason light bulbs in Australia are often a massive rip off. I can't even find decent stop light bulbs anymore.
Try power bulbs for headlights.
https://www.powerbulbs.com/au/

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Just remember, a globe with a blue band around the glass is trying to make the light appear whiter.
It filters the red band out of the visible light spectrum, so you get a lesser output.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
for $50 a good pair of phillips globes
check the voltage at your headlight plug as you may have a voltage drop problem
for what you are after ,you are looking more like $1,000

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
A couple of 70w HID driving lights is where it's at. I had 55w HIDs on the old ute and that thing lit up the road like nothing else. You say some people don't drop their light to low, they soon will with some decent HID spotties.