Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I have been looking a some thin rectangular lights that can be fitted down low...Might be worth you checking out some to see if they are suitable, as you can see down low and not blind on coming drivers.....

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Just remember, a globe with a blue band around the glass is trying to make the light appear whiter.
It filters the red band out of the visible light spectrum, so you get a lesser output.
All of my Narva lights, headlights, high beam and parking lights have blue on the globes, but, they are well brighter than the old OEM spec globes that came out

The difference when driving around at night in the Southern Highlands is night and day, excuse the pun

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I know people bag Narva headlight bulbs but I've never really had any issues with them. I normally get over two years from them so I think that's reasonable. When I was running 100/130s I was going through bulbs every six months they were normally Bosch as that's Ashdown stocked. Gravel roads wouldn't have helped those though.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I have been looking a some thin rectangular lights that can be fitted down low...Might be worth you checking out some to see if they are suitable, as you can see down low and not blind on coming drivers.....
The driving/spot/fog lights, or whatever they are meant to be, on my VX SS front bar work a treat lighting up the road in front of the car for a good 30 meters, and as they don’t shoot out to high they don't blind oncoming traffic at night

Prior to putting the Narva +200 in, the lower spot lights in the VX SS front bar were a must when driving country back roads at night, I relied more on them than the rubbish OEM style headlight globes

Apparently there are new LED'S that fit inside VX-VT headlights that you can still fit the covers on, the Supercheap auto guy said he has already fitted a few with good results, how they go long term I have no idea though

Someone should buy them and then report back if the work well and don't damage the plastic cover

If their headlights don't melt over time they may be my next "just because" purchase

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I also failed to read the beginning of the thread properly....I was thinking mainly low beam and not blinding other people....So yes @Ginger Beer suggestion seems to be a good one.

For burning retinas and upsetting those that fail to drop headlights.......I am personally running 2X130 W spot lights and a 42 light light bar......People seem to drop their lights reasonably quick with me flashing all those lights.....I have even upset motorists that have come up behind me, high beam ablaze.....Mysteriously my spot light switch seems to flick on as they get in front and they seem to swerve across the road, a little blinded....

I find the light bar has the light spread across the road, edge to edge and the spot lights the direct beam down the centre of the road....Perfect for lighting up your whole area...

By headlight globes....Couldn't even tell you he wattage, but having high beam on in the dark doesn't bother any other motorists...That pathetic....

So something to think about

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I worked with a guy to produce dust covers for VT and VX that are deeper to allow for LED bulbs. Plug and play Nighteye was the brand we worked off.

We did VZ as well.

I’ll find the link on his eBay shop.
The photos of the VZ ones are from my car.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
All of my Narva lights, headlights, high beam and parking lights have blue on the globes, but, they are well brighter than the old OEM spec globes that came out

The difference when driving around at night in the Southern Highlands is night and day, excuse the pun
Proves how cheap OEM lamps really are.