Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight strange pattern?

lizzy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Storm Commodore
I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced issues with difficulty seeing at night with VF headlights. I'll post a picture but when you are driving on dark roads you notice a large dark area in the centre of vision on the road. High beam seems to fill this void but that's not a practical solution. To me it looks like a misalignment of some kind? Adjusting up and down doesn't seem to be the answer. Seems like they are too far apart! Do I just need to get better projector headlights than the stock ones in the car? Is this normal pattern for this model? Close up to wall pattern seems ok but with distance deteriorates.

Attachments

• IMG20230606200017.jpg
    IMG20230606200017.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 90

lizzy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Storm Commodore
I’d say the globes aren’t located correctly in the housings.
Ok thanks, I've just noticed someone else, same year model, similar issue. I've only had one globe replacement and it was a mission for the Auto electrician to get in behind wheel arch (apparently the favoured way) to replace. Maybe in the process something has gone awry. Will find a good auto electrician who may be able to help in Brissie hopefully.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Ok thanks, I've just noticed someone else, same year model, similar issue. I've only had one globe replacement and it was a mission for the Auto electrician to get in behind wheel arch (apparently the favoured way) to replace. Maybe in the process something has gone awry. Will find a good auto electrician who may be able to help in Brissie hopefully.
Remove the wheel. Remove the wheel house cover. Much easier.
You can turn the wheel and remove some of the wheel house/well cover and pull out of the way, but just a little extra of the job makes things easy to do.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Follow the procedure in the owners handbook.
The correct Torx wrench should be with the jack pack(or compressor).