Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight

Kiroo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
My VY wagon headlights appear to be out of alignment. Anyone knows if or how they can adjusted.
They m seem very dim on low beam & not alot of road coverage.
The lenses aren't the best, l'm trying clean them up. Got usual sun tan & pitting.

Last edited:

BR00T

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vy s2
My vy headlights are dull on low beam too. You could always buy new bulbs ($10 or so). I cleaned my headlights with different grit sandpapers, polisher and a few coats of clear. It does help but once headlights get oxidization on them, it usually returns no matter what you try. For the sake of all road users, Don't be tempted to convert to LED. If you do decide to go down that route, Please get a professional to install them. They need to be set properly so they don't blind other drivers. I see many cars with LED's not set correctly and they are dangerous.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
There should be adjusting screws on both sides of the head light but first check the globes are sitting correctly and not going brown from old age.

Kiroo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Thanks guy's i've replaced globes, cleaned lenses (not bad condition), just need alittle more & yeah l'll probably have to do it again .
Found out after replacing with slightly brighter ones that they are out alignment, so that's the next step. Thanks again guy's