Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heater not working on my VS Statesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokencommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
My heater isn't working on the old stato all lines get hot, heater tap is working as normal just flushed cooling system and heater core doesn't appear to be blocked. Was thinking it could be something to do with the vacuum as when car is under load the vents change from straight on to aiming at my feet by themselves? Was hoping someone could give me some more insight as to what i need to fix.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Yep you've got the dreaded Vacuum Solenoid box issue. These are available from an eBay seller "ad-87" who gets them in from the states via Amazon. They are not cheap and are well over $140 which for many of these old cars is way too much to spend.

Update,

I've just done a search for this unit and it seems they are no longer being brought in or are out of stock with this seller, so I'm not sure if this problem is going to be fixable. All I know is I have one of these new units sitting in it's box awaiting it's fate of what I'm going to do with it as I don't have a climate control vehicle anymore for which it's suited for.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I have one aswell for sale.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
In the drivers footwell on the left side move the flap cover and check if the rod hasn't popped out of the selector, you cant miss it its white with a thread the selector arm sits in, mine fell off a few times from corrugated roads .

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
In the drivers footwell on the left side move the flap cover and check if the rod hasn't popped out of the selector, you cant miss it its white with a thread the selector arm sits in, mine fell off a few times from corrugated roads .
Does the Statesman also have this rod ?
You might have to Google the answer.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Trevor, stop talking just for the sake of talking all the time.

If you don't actually know then just please refrain from yapping unnecessarily as you just continually seem to be making a goose of yourself. Everyone else is quite capable of Googling themselves and don't require a "Google Operator / Assistant" like yourself to chime in constantly.

BTW it's the solenoid control box that's the issue here and yes I know because I actually worked on a Climate Controlled vehicle that had an issue much the same as the OP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.